14 pound "herbie" downrigger weights (pic added)

I finally got a 14 pound fish mold. They have a top eyelet and another on the tail fin. Painted black are $20.00. Rubber coated are $25.00. I will have lots of them at the FLTA show. Also I have 10 pound fish and round balls 6 pounds-15 pounds. Thanks for looking. Troutman 87

6GGU9.jpg

• 1 month later...

RICH Group #7 Rapalas is still available-I have 14 pound "Herbies" and 15 pound round balls. Both same price $20.00 plain, $22.00 painted black and $25.00 vinyl coated. Where are you located? I can get them to Plasshe lumber, East Williamson on route #104-no shipping charge. Also I will be in Geneva this coming Wednesday night if that will help. Get back to me Thanks Harvey

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to ask a stupid question, which of these rigger weights have less blow back, the 14# fish, or the torpedo weights, in the weight. I also saw these fish shape with bent tail, I guess to track off to the side of the boat, are the Troutmans strait or bent, thanks for any input. PAP.

PAP I don't run either of these weights myself,I just make them. Everyone that I have sold torpedoes to really likes them. And I have sold a lot of them. I believe the way the torpedoes are shaped it would seem less blowback than the fish. My 14 pound fish weights have a straight tail and putting a bend in them might be tough as they are kinda thick. The 10 pound fish I make can be bent easily. Also I don't think that you could bend the fin on my torpedoes. Hope this helps. Troutman 87

PAP I don't run either of these weights myself,I just make them. Everyone that I have sold torpedoes to really likes them. And I have sold a lot of them. I believe the way the torpedoes are shaped it would seem less blowback than the fish. My 14 pound fish weights have a straight tail and putting a bend in them might be tough as they are kinda thick. The 10 pound fish I make can be bent easily. Also I don't think that you could bend the fin on my torpedoes. Hope this helps. Troutman 87

what rigger weights do you run, and how much blow back do the ones you run have, I've got 12# weights, they are the pancake type with a aluminum tail, and they blow back a lot, what do you think I should get, fish around 80,120ft mostly thanks for any input. PAP,

PAP  I have four older Proos riggers that won't handle the heavy weights,so use 10 pound torpedoes off my two side riggers and 10 pound balls off my back two. I hardly fish more than 100 feet down here on Seneca and Cayuga. The 10 pound torps run very well. Plus I fish slow for lakers with them. Sometimes I use 8 pound balls off my back riggers and run them shallow.  I have never heard much about the pancakes. But the way they are shaped,you would think they would cut the water good and run without much blowback. You are probably going have to do some more expermenting with different weights. Good luck. Troutman 87

PAP  I have four older Proos riggers that won't handle the heavy weights,so use 10 pound torpedoes off my two side riggers and 10 pound balls off my back two. I hardly fish more than 100 feet down here on Seneca and Cayuga. The 10 pound torps run very well. Plus I fish slow for lakers with them. Sometimes I use 8 pound balls off my back riggers and run them shallow.  I have never heard much about the pancakes. But the way they are shaped,you would think they would cut the water good and run without much blowback. You are probably going have to do some more expermenting with different weights. Good luck. Troutman 87

What # torpedo weights do you have, from at least 12# on up, then I will make a decision , and get 2 of whatever #s I need, also do the torpedoes have a tail eyelet,  because I run a release right off the back of the weight for Lakers, sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure I get what I need the first time. PAP

PAP  I make two torpedoes. One weighs a little over 12 pounds the other a little over 16 pounds.If you go through the classified I have a picture of my torps in my original ad. Yes they have a release loop on the back end. You will see it in the pic.The 16 pounders are $40.00 and the 12s are $30.00 plus shipping. I ship USPS flat rate which is $14.00 for two no matter which weight. Get back to me if you want some.Thanks Troutman 87

I just started running Harvey's 12lb torpedos this season and I'm pleasantly shocked at how little blowback I'm getting compared to 10lb ball weights.  We switched to Black's releases too, no more tail-steering the weight when we crank down on the rigger poles.  We've been running in 6 - 20 feet of water at this point but should run deeper soon - I want one of those random 20+ kings that have been showing up...

Great product, Harvey.