How to insulate infloor fishbox

I have an idea that might work. Remember this is an IDEA only. If you remove the fish box and wrap it with a couple large trash bags, then get a few cans of "great stuff" the canned foam. cover the bottom with great stuff then insert the box before it has a chance to expand. then fill the sides with great stuff and hold it down. Remember this stuff expands so dont over fill, Ive had it push sideing off my house useing it to fill a hole. After it sets up you should be able to trim off the excess. you may want to fill the box with sand to prevent the box from getting deformed while the foam expands. with the trash bags on you SHOULD be able to remove the box. As far as the drain, well maybe a larger hose that you could pull out then slide your drain hose through. Remember this is just an idea. don't blame me if the box collapses or it gets stuck in.

Good luck and let us know what you did :yes:

Take insulation board and make a box that goes around it. Dry fit outside of the boat, then install in the boat floor and attach using whatever works for your situation. Cut a hole for the drain line, and lengthen the hose so you can lift out the fish box if needed. I think spray foam could be a problem if you are unlucky. It will stick to anything it gets on and is a pain to get off if you can.

You should be able to put the sides together out side the hole as long as the bottom isn't in. It will colapse and should fit if there is room. Once in, put the bottom piece in and secure.

Cooler on the platform and or more ice would be an easier way out.

Floor boxes are usually better for gear then fish, I have 3 floor boxes, one is insulated and under the hardtop, which makes a great place to store cold drinks and food. The other 2 are in the cockpit and I store DR weights and extra lines, etc...

If you go with the low expanding foam, and I would assume your box has a lip that holds it up off the bottom, so you would need to spray the box with PAM cooking spray, then spray the bottom and sides of the floor with foam where the box goes, then press the box into the hole and hold it down for 10-15 minutes. I would make sure you do not block off stringer / rib drain holes or make it so you can not get to other equipment if the need ever arrises.

If you have a large lip on the box, you could spray the box itself and trim the excess so it will fit back in the hole. I would apply bedliner coating to the foam before I was done to prevent wearing of the foam if you pull the boxes to haul fish off the boat.