Vegetarian Vampire

Custom flashabou fly Big Weenie tied up for me last fall. It's one of those flies you're either gonna love or hate.

I think it's gonna be smokin hot! We know Stripers, bluefish and lake trout like it. but the salmon have not seen it yet.

N9ZHJ.jpg

Custom flashabou fly Big Weenie tied up for me last fall. It's one of those flies you're either gonna love or hate.

I think it's gonna be smokin hot! We know Stripers, bluefish and lake trout like it. but the salmon have not seen it yet.

N9ZHJ.jpg

Coastal Stripers or lake? We fish the Hudson in the spring but I have never thought of trying a flasher and fly for them. Do have any experiance with this?

Coastal Stripers or lake? We fish the Hudson in the spring but I have never thought of trying a flasher and fly for them. Do have any experiance with this?

Coastal, off Sandy Hook NJ, but I know they work on inland hybrid fish also. We ran this fly clean (no flasher) with a vibrator head. We also ran it the same way behind a grease trap. Both ways produced fish. Have not given a flasher much time yet for striped bass, so I just don't know?

That can't be a Big Weenie fly Rod. There is no reference to anything sexual, obscene or anything referring to "bodily functions".. :rofl:

You better change the name to something like "Vegetarian Vampire Whore" or something more graphic that the censors won't let me type.... :devil:

Seriously though.....it looks good.

See ya soon,

Paul

PS...that offer is still open for you for the St. Catherines KOTL next month.

That can't be a Big Weenie fly Rod. There is no reference to anything sexual, obscene or anything referring to "bodily functions"..

You better change the name to something like "Vegetarian Vampire Whore" or something more graphic that the censors won't let me type

LMAO.....that's to funny dude ! My wife named it :D

Gary does like to have fun with his fly names. It can be awkward going into a store

and asking if they have a Big Weenie lickalotapuss or a Wrecked Em :rofl::rofl::rofl:

They catch a crap load of fish though. He just likes to mess with people that way.

I'd love to fish it with you....really I would! I know Jeff gave you my situation. I wish it were different cause I'm itching to get on the water and it's looking like the fishing could be fantastic!

LMAO, Paul that is great, you hit the nail on the head with the fly names! My wife ordered me a bunch of Big Weenie flies for Christmas. She had them delivered to her work address. She had to forewarn her employee going to the post office that there will be a package from Big Weenie for her. :$

Hey Zeke....that would be Cayuga. I don't think it would matter though. I like darker flys like this one in low light conditions. For a dark fly, this one really has a lot of flash though, so it may be a little more versatile....we'll have to see?

All right in defense of Big Weenie, the name came from our weenie dogs. most of the names started after I named the Proctologist. A bunch of companies have a Hypnotist fly, didnt want to add to the confusion. We get so many emails and calls asking us to use this name and that name so we usually do. Now Jon from Jon's little salmon comes up with the best or worse, depends on what side your on, LOL. I even make some for him that dont go on the website.He's the best :lol: If you hear someone caught it on a goat pecker,( green onion with cream cheese and meat wrapped around it, what were you thinking? ) I guess you know who made it right. Rod, were you not working a name for a fly for Paul? ;) Didnt you have a good story about him :D

Gary...that was supposed to be our little secret !! :rofl::rofl:

I did call you and suggest a fly be called Icey Uranus... :yes: And I still think that is a better name than Karen's suggestion of Rodlovesuraus.....I'm still not so hot on that one :D

Having represented Big Weenie at the Lotsa show, I had plenty of people tell me they really liked the names.....even the ladies! My wife cracked up when I told her you named one yellow snow :)

All right in defense of Big Weenie, the name came from our weenie dogs. most of the names started after I named the Proctologist. A bunch of companies have a Hypnotist fly, didnt want to add to the confusion. We get so many emails and calls asking us to use this name and that name so we usually do. Now Jon from Jon's little salmon comes up with the best or worse, depends on what side your on, LOL. I even make some for him that dont go on the website.He's the best :lol: If you hear someone caught it on a goat pecker,( green onion with cream cheese and meat wrapped around it, what were you thinking? ) I guess you know who made it right. Rod, were you not working a name for a fly for Paul? ;) Didnt you have a good story about him :D

Gary, just make sure if you name a fly after me, or because of me, or in making fun of me, that I at least get one to use myself. I would hate to have everyone around me catching fish on my namesake fly and not have one myself. :@

The 'Guilty' fly should be spelled 'Gill-T' IMO ;) ....... or just use my whole boat name "Gill-T Hooker".......that will fit in nice with the rest of the goofy gag names :yes: (just a poor attempt to get a fly named after me)........wow, WTF just happened with the edit feature? Help Chad!

Will do Paul. Rod just keeps telling me we need to get you over you busting his balls.

Gill here is some background on the guilty. Me and a friend love the show the first 48 and when they bring these guys in they all say ( I didnt do nothing, wasnt me ) Please you know they are Guilty as hell. Balloon Knot, look that up on Urban Dictionary, LOL. Most of the flies have hidden meanings if you know what I meen. Homosezwhat was made for the radio fisherman. Boat 1-Hey What did you catch that on? boat 2 -Homosezwhat. Boat 1 " what " Just having fun guys, BW

Gary, just make sure if you name a fly after me, or because of me, or in making fun of me, that I at least get one to use myself. I would hate to have everyone around me catching fish on my namesake fly and not have one myself.

LOL....hey Paul, remember that conversation we had at LOTSA about thick skin ? We'll, you are right, but I'm not gonna take it laying down... :rofl: I'm preparing for the assult. I dunno, but me thinks there will be a lot of laughs this season!!

Zeke, Right now there are only two and I'm not letting go of them :) , But... when BW makes us some more I'm sure he'll make you a few. He'd rather make 30 than just 4 anyway. We just spoke about adding some glow to a second version. Not sure yet? I love it the way it is and we'll add the big glow beads BW carries if I want glow on it, but a glow Vampire could be sweet?

BTW...It was actually a Nov. trip. The fly wasn't made till late October.

Rod, I have 10 of those flies you call the V V done. I added a bit of glow. I made about 50 without the silicone, look good. Now that color combo you wanted, I made a bout 30 thats what you get after you blend the commercial hanks of flashabou. Without a doubt the UGLIEST FLY ever made, just brutul. Please dont tell anyone who made it and use them well I aint making more, there all going to you. BW

Now that color combo you wanted.....Without a doubt the UGLIEST FLY ever made, just brutul.

If I didn't know better I'd think you were telling me to keep my day job, cause I ain't no fly designer :D

Maybe you just gotta look at it through salmon colored glasses Gary. You think we should just call that one the homely fly? You warned me it was gonna be homley looking, but I think the fish are gonna like it :yes: You just wait my friend.... Me and that ugly fly are gonna be smoking salmon, and I promise I won't tell anyone you made it ;) As long as it looks pretty to the fish, I'll be laughing all the way to the weigh station!!

Seriously though...THANKS!! Looking forward to the V V, that's a rocking fly and I know there are a couple guys here that want a few. Call Gary now and get them before I do :D:D