ok ill admit it im not the sharpest crayon in the box....so with that out of the way...how do you use these with a clip???if you set out 100ft of line then attach the clip behind the pinch point what stops the torpedo from free fallin when you add another 40 ft...what am im missing????is the ar clip suppose to pinch the line?????this is all new to me..ive used dipsys and jets ...these torpedos look good but how do the clips come into play???/ and so long 4 now;john

4uqgA.jpg

You just let out your line to the distance you want behind the torpedo. Clip the torpedo on, making sure you put the line behind the pin and then let out more line to get to the desired depth. When you bring the fish in, you have to reach up and unclip the torpedo before you finish realing the fish in. They have good explainations on the web site.

You got to be careful if you put a picture on here of a pretty girl. I posted a picture of my downrigger board with my stepdaughter holding a trout in front of it. There was never another word typed about downrigger boards (the original message). I had to replace it with a picture of my dog in front of the rigger board. If you want good info, don't include a pic with a female in it. They seem to turn brains into mush. haha

• 1 month later...

Their clip is sort of a "special" clip. It has a pin in the center of the pads so the line cant slide off. So...your answer is yes. Just clip it on making sure your line is past the pin and your all set. Works good. I use them.