Early River Fishing

Guppy35

I am wondering when the bass really start to get active in the early spring. I would like to get out fishing as soon as possible, i will be fishing on the Genesee River for Largemouth or Smallmouth whatever will bite!. Any info would be great!

Thanks,

Sean

Theres a bike path that u can pick up under the oroke bridge and it takes u along the river and then theres a boardwalk that has real good bass n pike fishing, goes right over the river and u can cast toward shore. This would be a good place to start

• 2 weeks later...

I caught some in april on rattle traps last year, I guess it really depends on the weather and the water conditions. With the river the way it is now it could be some time until the conditions are good for spring bass. Although the warmer temps this weekend could warm up that muddy water.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Where abouts in the Genny river is the smallmouth fishing?  I have heard South of Letchworth park but Im not familiar with all the little towns there.  I live in Rochester so it's not too far of a drive for me and I like stream wading for smallies - its fun.