First time using planer boards

Got some planer boards made up this winter from the plans on this site and they look great! Now I've only used inline boards and this will be my first time using "towline" boards. I can use any tips you can give, but I really need to know if the furthest line out goes in front or back of the pole that has the line closest to the boat. I think that the further you go out, the more shallow you run the lure right? So on my 4 rod setup, I'll probably run a rapala/thunderstick on the closest line, and spoon on the line closest to the board. Does this sound about right? Thanks for the help! Jeremy

but I really need to know if the furthest line out goes in front or back of the pole that has the line closest to the boat. Jeremy

The way I run them is the furthest back is the line closest to the tow board, then next one out comes closer to the boat and is in second position from the tow board, the next would be even closer to the boat and the third line down the tow line and so on.

If you are running a horizontal rod holder system (3 rod holders), I would run the one on the left is the farthest out, the middle holder would be the second farthest out and the right holder would be the closet to the boat and last on the tow line.

Otherwise, you will have many tangles.

Ray

give me your number and ill call u and let u no whats up with running big boards got to be careful running diff depth lures on the same board u can get tangled easy. rod 1 closest rod 2 rod 3 furthest away. rod 1 will be closest to your motor rod 3 will be closest to your bow u whant your out side lines to go over the in side lines .run the same lures and the same length lines. so if u are running jr thundersticks run all jr thunder stick on that board. on the other board run 3more matching lures. different colors though. u will get alot less tangles and be able to turn on a dime to get back on them fish there are so many tips to give ya but not enough time u can run any thing on them. fish all year with them i could go on and on hope that helps ya