first trip of 2010

i can't take it anymore! this unusual warm temp. has got me all fired up about a month early. i've never put my i.o. in until the end of april or the 1st week in may. my partner in crime and I are planning on putting the penn yan in on wed. 3-24-10. we are still undecided if we should go ta cayuga or seneca. any info on the launches at tremain or the canal in watkins ? seems the fishing on seneca has been more active, so i'm kinda leaning that way. anyone else plan on fishing that day. i'll be on channel 68 "reelhard" hope to see ya out there, Dave.

The North end of Cayuga should be good any day now. The great salmon fishing at the South end of Seneca will crap out when the bait moves up and the fish spread out. The North end of seneca will turn on for lakers any time now. If you dont mind the drive the South end of Canandaigua for browns should be great the first part of April.

couldnt of said it better sean!! Soon, the fishing will be hot towards lon point on seneca near the old barge area :yes::yes: . Also, i managed to get my first trout on the flasher fly rig today on my new dipsy setups 8)

Browns 10 to 30 down start in 60 to 80 FOW then move out to 100 plus in Canandaigua. Browns on South end of Cayuga are in shallow 20 to 30 FOW. Canandaigua is nice you dont get all the boat trafic on the South end like Cayuga.

yea, I think we're going to the south end of seneca. it's close to home should anything go wrong. thanks for the advice sean. we should hook up sometime, i'd love to pick your brain for a while. if any one else is going out on wed. give me a shout. Dave