seneca 3/20 with pics add by polar bear

I got a call last week from polarbear "mark" asking if i'll show him how to fish seneca lake...he told me big weenie recommended him to fish with me...... I said sure just come on up...so mark, rodney and I met at the launch to head out for a fun day of fishing....we ended up going 35 for 45 with 20 landlocks 15 lakers and one lost rainbow at the back of the boat.....about 1 min after we got 1 rod set i look up and the rod fires 8 lb landlock, that mark landed... mark also landed a 12 laker off the dypsy that was digging off the bottom.....30 of our fish came off big weenie flys....the others came off spoons...

the morning was hot for us until the weather changed...15mph winds out of the north the lake got rough and fish shut down....so we over keuka lake fish the west branch. we did manage going 1 for 2 there...

thank you mark and rodney for going out fishing...glad you guys had a good time...

it was a really hot start and great to get out....until the wind picked up.

....darn weatherman! :@

fishing was still ok but the boat we were in was getting beat up a little.

that laker was the biggest laker i seen come out of seneca in 2 years. :yes:

thanks alot jason and polar bear (mark) for an awesome day with great guys!

After a 205 mile drive Friday evening I found a cheap clean and friendly motel at the southern tip of Seneca , settled in and called Jason . We set up a 6AM meeting at the Canal Launch on Saturday morning .He arrived on time with his side kick Rodney . We unloaded My Tracker Super Guide , put on our life vests and we were off . After there was enough light to see Jason showed me what we were going to be pulling , set lines and immediately the first one fires , it was game on . almost non stop till about 10:30 and then it became a steady pick of larger fish . Here are a few pictures of this weekend , we could not take pictures of every fish , but here are some high lights . Most of the fish came on Dreamweaver Spin Doctors paired with BigWeenie Flies

101_0218.jpg

101_0215-1.jpg

101_0211.jpg

101_0221.jpg

101_0224.jpg

101_0222.jpg

101_0226.jpg

Thanks for a GREAT TIME Jason and Rodney and showing me the Seneca Lake secrets I will be back for the Memorial Day Weekend Laker Derby with hopfully a new boat ....Mark