Non ethanol gas

• 3 weeks later...

Was given a bottle of treatment by a friend that works for an oil company. they use

this in all the gas fleet vehicles. It's called Octaplus Gasoline Treatment By Enertech Labs. Says on the bottle it provides high detergency/Water dispersion/fuel stability

and prevents Phase seperation/improves performance/raises fuel economy/reduces emissions. He said it's a little pricey but if it works who cares.

I just order 1500 gallons for my business. I run it strictly for "non-highway" applications. (excavating/landscaping equipment). My supplier said this was the last order for non-ethanol. It was explained to me that once the suppliers are out -that's it. I asked about Marina applications and again- once it's gone its gone.

Zeke...Check out that Gulf on north side of Interlaken....I ordered new tires for the boat trailer ......and after installation, put $100 of gas in the boat.......It was non ehtenol.........but that was in summer of 07.......Im leaving here on the 21st...That will give me a week to get her seaworthy and a day at Otsego in Cooperstown to check her out and maybe get lucky with some early browns...May 1 st I can get in my summer digs....Its been a looooooong winter........Fred

Hello Fred,great to hear from you.That gas station is Happy Landing.Fishing has been very good @ the south end of the lake.....lots of big browns.Unfortunately,we aren't the ones catching them.Have a safe trip back and be sure to tell Fred we said hi.......Take care.....Zeke & Cyn(Strike 3)

Non ethanol gas is almost impossible to find now and I'm sure even the marinas will have to go with it shortly too. Just plan on buying the neutralizing additives that take care of the phase separation.

The biggest problem I had was junk in my inline fuel filter. The first year with the E10 I changed it out three or four times. I then started and still add StarTron to each fill up and it's been OK since. Stabil also makes a E10 deal in both the marine grade and regular brand also. If I had know this I would have just used that because it's always been great before for me on over the winter storage.

Last year I fried a valve on my port engine Both my engines have been babied since the boat has been new (I'm the original owner). My mechanic said more than likely it was the crap gas we all have to deal with. He said his business has been booming with all the engine repairs from this fuel.

2k for new rings, springs , valve job and good going over. You can bet that I'll being putting the ethanol treatment in my tanks every fill up. That stuff is expensive but its worth it in the long run. Good luck this season and tight lines.