One way in line valve

Trolling82

I'm trying to figure out how I want to plumb the fuel line in to my kicker. Planning on just Y-ing out of the main line. However, I am having a hard time finding a 3 way valve where I can switch fuel from one engine to the other. One thing I did find is a one way automatic valve. It just splices into the line and lets gas go only one way. I figured if I put one in each line after the Y it should allow each to run without pulling from the other engine. No having to open/close valves, pump line for kicker, etc. Any thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5-16-Fue ... 5fServices

West Marine has the 2 and 3 way valves that you are looking for.They cost about $20.

The problem with hooking up to the water separator is the absence of a check valve.

There should be a good working one on the quick connectors,but they often are less than reliable.

I tried with the separator hookup and got a lot of trouble.Once you have that 2 or 3 way valve in your setup you just turn a handle and you have prevented any air from sneaking into your fuel system.

Make sure that your kicker uses the same fuel as your main engine.

Well, the original water separator was a one line in, one line out bolted to the engine. So, I picked up a new water separator (probably could've used a new one anyway) with two ins and two outs. Plugged one of the ins, sent one out to engine, and put a 1/4 turn brass ball valve on the one to the kicker. Real nice looking set up. The fuel pump for the main i/o is after the separator so I doubt the kicker will pull fuel from the main. Real nice with brass fittings everywhere and it should work like a champ! Thanks again guys! (I love this site!!!!!!) :D:yes::beer:

Dear Trolling 82,

TAKE NOTE. If you have trouble with your O/B stalling from lack of fuel, your check valve located in the FUEL TANK supply elbow may be only suitable for a mechanical style engine mounted fuel pump that draws sufficient vacuum (I/O's). I saw different check valves installed in boats that were destined for O/B,s and occassionally PennYan (1980's)mixed up the check valves. Took me a few hours to figure it out, the FIRST time! Now I inspect the inline check valves very carefully. Dirt in the ball seat can reduce the flow and give the indication of a NG fuel pump, carb. etc.

Respectfully submitted,

....Jet Boat Bill