PERCH ?

gokudl3

I just took a run down to the launch at I-Bay to check it out for you. There's 2 boats out right now. They're still-fishing about as far south as the 2nd set of navigation posts (I guess I'd call them) but they're closer to the western shore than they are the posts. More than halfways anyhow. A few weeks ago they were fishing off those markers (again, slightly to the west of them) boats by the dozens. I'm sure hunting season and the cold weather has kept some guys off the water but for the brave hearted I'm sure they're getting them. If you're serious about perch, I'd start looking into Seneca Lake. It takes some time to learn and the local experts can be tight lipped but if it's perch you want, that's where they run the biggest and are the most plentiful. Obviously though the bay is a lot closer and a lot less water to cover. Knock em dead and please report back.

Thanks for the info . Im normally not to big into perch fishing but some nice perch sounds really good . where is the launch in the bay nearest to that spot , i have never been in the bay even though i have driven by hundreds of times . Thanks for the info on seneca but if im packing it up to go somewhere its the lower niagara . Thanks much i will let you know if i did anything

Good news. I talked to my brother this afternoon who's buddy is still fishing the bay around the markers and around had 50 nice ones day earlier this week. The launch I'm speaking of is right by the bay outlet. Take I-590 North straight up to the lake and it's right there on your right. Can't miss it.