Storing Ice shelters

Justin

• 8 months later...

well here it is time for ice season....i dig out my shanty and guess what dryer sheets and moth balls musta attracted the lil bastards! my brand new clam is destroyed! ok now that i vented does anyone have a slightly used one for a reasonable price?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Yep, got new vents in mine too, despite the dryer sheet/mothball treatment. Gonna try iron on patches from walmart for the repair as the damage isn't too bad. Duct tape, my old standby, doesn't stick all that well in the current temps. At the end of this ice season I'll probably pull the canvas off and store in a varmint-free location.

When you store it you could buy some cats and turn it into a litter box. I know that will stop them fore sure :lol: Was that funny, I dont hear laughter...... No for real I had the same problem a few years back. I now hang mine in the air from the rafters. Just make sure they are dry or they will mold. If u have a cover keep a corner open.

• 4 weeks later...

You guys need some barn cats around! I can leave my shanties sitting on a pile of chaff in the hay mow w/ no mouse issues at all. It's my landing nets I have to protect (from fish craving, net eating cats!).