Congrats to all the LOU members that made it on the board!!

My Crew (Tim Schrantz and Dick Kern) and I were fishing out of the oak. We had decided to fish west, because I had success that way earlier in the week. After an exciting day on Friday, we decided to make the 20 mile run to the area off the powerplant at Summerset. Waves were 2-3 and the water full of debries. We arrived at our number and after setting 4 rods had a release on a leadcore off the planner board. The spoon was a orange and green stinger. The fish ended up being a 22 pound king. It was only 7AM! Because of the time and conditions we opted to fish for a while before running in, that may have been a mistake. We fished until about 11, caught a total of 9 fish, then made a 90 minute trek back to the Oak. The fish weighed in at 22 even, if you look at the board a few hundreths would have moved us up considerably. In hindsight we probably should have run to Olcott (down hill) for a quick weigh in. But we managed to stay on the board! It was a great week for the derby, and all that fished with me had a great time.

PS the simrad auto-pilot is priceless!

Please tell us your stories here. How, what, where for the ranking catch.

how: trolling

what: with a boat

where: following someone elses boat around

final ranking 10th :lol:

Just kidding - here is the low down.

John (owner of Northern King Lures) took his 22.06 pound salmon on Friday May 12th. We where in 280' of water west of wilson. It came in about 7:45 (weighted in at 9:45). The lure was a "doctored" up NK28 black/silver hologram. 51' down 5' off the ball,2.25 mph downspeed/2.9 SOG on a n/w troll. I think I cover everything.

know for the good stuff. After John weighted in his fish we spent a few hours testing and researching a bunch of stuff. If things go as planed watch for some really "smokin'" stuff to be coming out.

Our boat, Nothin but Net ended up with the 2nd, 10th and 13th place Lake Trout. We fished mostly around the green can at the Bar.

Congrats to all the others who placed in the derby. The salmon fishing was definately harder than in past years.

Steve,congrats to you and your crew on your placing in the Salmon division and the item and info you passed along Sunday morning.

My girl-friend finished 18th in the Laker division.

I trust you had a good trip home.

Pat,

It was nice talking with you briefly Sunday morning. We went west to our waypoints and had a very good day. Congrats on the 18th place LT.

Arrived @ Olcott 5-2-07 @ 3PM. Got settled in to our rental house & launched the boat and tied it up in our slip in the town dock. Prospected for several hours around the red barn & Wilson that evening. Ended up fishing the bar most of the week, as there were large numbers of fish in the 90 to 200 foot range. The calm waters allowed us to run down there easily, haven't had this ever before. It was hard to manage more than 5 or six fish per day. Best day on Kings was 5 with two just under 20 Lbs. On the last Saturday of the derby, it was becoming rough & looked like it would stay that way, so we trolled into the waves to the East towards the Somerset power plant out of the Olcott Pierhead. About 15 minutes after setting the last of our 4 rigger rods, we picked up a nice coho about 12 Lbs. Reset the lines & landed a 19.5 Lb King, soo close to being a weigh fish. Reset the lines & that is when we landed the #3 king in the derby (Peter Bolton). We caught the fish on a green prochip with a silver green krinkle fly I had picked up from Ernie Lantigne (Fish Doctor) a month earlier, as he said it would be a good early morning bright day offering. We were in 160' of water at the time & the King came 71' down, our best speed was 2.7 to 2.9 on the Fish Hawk. Found that I had to run my four rigger set up way back to consistently get bit (shortest lead was 80'). Two Green Pro Chip flashers & Howie flys on the back corner riggers & black & silver NK-28's on the out & downs. I was the Red Lund with the vinyl cover (from the nose of the boat to behind the center console seats (very toasty with the cold water) 175 Yammy outboard for main power & a 9.9 high thrust Yammy four stroke for trolling (with trollmaster). Reserved the house for next year & hope to be as lucky then. The weather & water was outstanding!!!! There was an enormous amount of debris in the water, stumps, logs, doors, full sheets of 3/4" thick plywood & plastic everywhere. The floating debris got my transom transducer on the 6 day. Snapped it off, was able to tape it to a stick & clamp it to the transom, it worked fine. Just ordered it's replacement today (Lowrance LMS 337 Dual Frequency $138 including shipping). Guess it will become my spare when I get the replacement mounted.