Catfish

Hi, i was wondering if any knows of a good place that myself and my dad could go fishing for catfish here in nys. We been saying for years that were are gonna go but haven't. This year im gonna get him out and go. Would like to find a place we could fish from shore. thank you :)

Also agree with the Genny, mid summer, walk across seth green island, 2 number one hooks full of worms with a big flat sinker. bring lots of sinkers and alot of hooks cause you will loose alot in snags with the current and rocky bottom. but there always there that time of year, night or day. used to anchor the boat there and entertain the kids with them.if your not in a boat a slight word of caution if your not familiar or used 2 low income communities. Use some common sense, you are now in the hood ;) .

oneida lakes rocky points draw monster cats at night. they get active at about 11:00 pm and it starts whene the water get up to 72 degrees in summer. HUGE cats! make you scared to sit on the toilet after you see these things. not too many people know about it. crayfish or large pike minnows are my top bait...not chicken livers though youll only catch small ones on stinky stuff. live bait takes the big ones.

oneida lakes rocky points draw monster cats at night. they get active at about 11:00 pm and it starts whene the water get up to 72 degrees in summer. HUGE cats! make you scared to sit on the toilet after you see these things. not too many people know about it. crayfish or large pike minnows are my top bait...not chicken livers though youll only catch small ones on stinky stuff. live bait takes the big ones.

Great info., kingslamon! How HUGE are we talking? Pics, pics, pics!!!!

MarkG

if you have to be on shore then try the canal at the west end. east end stinks for big catfish. there used to be a spot on the north shore of oneida but it since, like everything else, has been posted up heavey. please release the big ones, it takes about 20 years to grow a fish like that. keep a few and that will dwindle the fishery down i can garantee that. everyone who fishes oneida is all about walleye, walleye, walleye, wich is oneidas premeir fishery, but many quality fisherys are on oneida besides just walleye. i have caught some bruiser pike in oneida too. dont hear about many people catching them but oddly enough ther are many many huge pike in oneida. its odd nobody fishes for them either. 35-45 inchers are very common. i would expect at least a 40 incher every day out while targeting them. the old perch under the bobber trick works everytime.