downrigger advise for trout

Hello, I am new here and found this site while trying to learn enough about using downriggers to hopefully catch a few trout. I have fished Seneca and Cayuga lakes for 30 years but never really for trout unless it was with sawbellies. My grandfather just passed away and I inherited two downriggers and a bunch of lures and tackle. He used to mainly troll Lake Ontario. I haven't trolled with him in years and never really set up the rigging. I have basic knowledge of how to setup but thats it. I'm looking for advise on what type of releases to buy, what lures to try and where to try them. I don't really know what depth to start at or how far back to set the lures. I have all kinds and colors of spoons and rapalas. I also just put a new eagle fishmark 480 on my boat that I have to figure out. I usually put in at Deans Cove on Cayuga or Seneca Lake State Park or Sampson State Park. I would love some advice, I really want to catch some trout using my grandsfathers downriggers and trolling rods. I'm hoping to try it this weekend.