Oswego River Salmon River fishing 5/10-5/13

My buddy and I were in the area this past weekend. Even though we did not land a lot in the boat, I must say the weather was absolutely beautiful compared to last year at this time.

Came in on Thursday and fished Oswego river, trolled for 'eyes until about 5:30AM. Marked a ton of fish all over the place but wasn't able to get and hits. did not see anyone picking up fish. After day break went out to see if any more browns were hanging in the shallows. Trolled for 15 minutes and thick fog rolled in on me. I said the heck with it and headed in. I did not want to get disoriented and go "out to sea" in my 17 footer.

Fished Oneida on Friday and Saturday, picked up 2 small 'eyes, 2 rock bass, a carp, a pickeral, and about a dozen perch. No one seemed to have a lot fo luck there either for 'eyes. Only heard of two other baots catchign any at all. All of our ctach was in the shallows from 4-12 feet.

I some how lost my electric on my fishfinder, live well, fuel gauge, lights, etc. on Saturday. I think I either jarred a wire loose or my contol panel has a glitch. I will need to trace anmd troubleshoot the wiring. That should be fun!

On Sunday, just for kicks we hit the Salmon river by the ballfield to see if we could hook up with a steelie that may be lingering around. Saw a good number of nice size (not huge) steelies in the river. Hooked up one and missed two more on red worms, caught about 6-8 suckers and numerous smolt.

Overall, the trip was great. I would like to have caught some keeper 'eyes and had a couple in the cooler but no luck.

Stayed at Deer Creek Motel, this was our first time there. I truly enjoyed my stay. They are really nice people, I will definitely stay there again.

Tight lines and safe fishing, Arrow_man