Cayuga 4/2

Got another little Cayuga mission in today, fish seemed a bit more scattered for me, got a steady pick going on DW spoons on 400' & 500' copper w/ few on the dipsy. Check out the alewives in this lakers stomach, amazing it had room to whack a spoon!

shGL0.jpg

2qYfJ.jpg

Where on Cayuga were you fishing? I was out on Friday and fished Dean's Cove and Long Point area. Got completely skunked although we did have two hit and runs on spoons down about 40 feet on cheaters. Couldn't really find a good concentration of fish. Found a couple of spots in the 140 feet range but no bites. Fish were all over the water column too. Made it hard to target a certain depth. Not a single Lake trout bite on the flasher/fly combos. I was very surprised and disappointed.

We trolled form Sheldrake to Deans and Aurora to N.Point, but it was a stealth spoon bite on Fri in the N.end. We took 6 on the Diehard super slim on 500' copper, 4 on a alewife Silver streak on 400' copper, and I think like 3 on a dark green/crush glow spinny/ proctologist fly on the mag wire dipsy. They didn't even want my spoons off the riggers, even w/ long leads. Fish were real scattered. Only way I got em to hit the flasher/flies off the dipsies was to let them flutter down by dumping the throttle over a good arch, and I was running them deep like Sean said. Don't feel bad there are days when they just don't seem to want to go. When I pulled out most everybody we talked to had a skunk on board. -Andy

NICE ....Andy ....when you having me up to get them on my old Islander?/???just kidding....Mark

Anytime you want to go, even when it's crumby out we just drop the curtain and turn on the heater :yes: -Andy