LOC at Niagara with pix- Yup same as the other 2 boards

Started out on Saturday afternoon the 5th just east of the red can. Only fished for a couple hours running a 4 rod King spread and didn't move a rod. We were beat up from the trip out and getting the boat and camp situated and headed in early. Didn't mark anything but some lakers. Sunday morning got an early start and covered water looking for the big guys. Hooked up with some Cohos but kept moving because thats not what we were there for. After a couple hours it became evident the Kings weren't there yet so I pointed the boat west and we just kept going at a fast troll in search mode. Finally after a number of hours and about 15 miles the green spin doctor started screaming and the screen got busy. They were there in 160 fow and for a couple hours we boated maybe a half dozen kings. Monday morning as soon as it got light enough to see we were running. Lots of debris so I didn't want to travel in the dark. Stuff that would sink you if you hit it. Got to the spot only to find the fish had moved. There were still a few and we did a pair of Kings but not like the day before. We went into shallower water figureing thats where they went. Nope. Went further west. Nope. Headed out deeper and they were there.

Just the wife and I and we beat up on them for the rest of the day boating about 15 or so all Kings. Thats pretty much the story for the rest of the trip

except the numbers kept going up after we really had them dialed in. Only one day we had a decent fly bite and that was when a friend came out with us for a couple days. the rest of the time it was all spoons. The two days he was with us and I had a good 6 rod spread going we boated conservativley 50 fish with at least forty two or three being Kings. Did hook a few Cohos but not many with the spread I was running. We managed to put a 20 lb 10 oz King on the board on Wed. and managed another one over 20 on Thursday but did not want to kill that one for a couple onces more as I was pretty sure he wouldn't hold up anyway so he was released. As far as lures, it was a magnum spoon bite for us with green spoons being the most consistent producers. Had dodgers and flys going one day off the wires but the spoons were definatley more productive. As of Friday the fish were definatley moving in and east because after the wife and I beat up on them all moring I set up going back east to find some fish that were closer to us for the last morning of fishing on Saturday. We moved east covering different depths and found 70 fow to be keeping us busy all the way to 5 miles west of the Niagara before we had to pull them. During the fly bite it was a Siggs green fly that was the hot one behind a bullfrog dodger with a custom pattern he tied for me being the only other fly to take fish BUT the green was hot.

They will be here soon.

Glen

Board fish

Boardfish-20lbs10oz.jpg

A few for the folks back home

IM000835.jpg[/img]

Glad you enjoyed yourself. Can't beat the fishing out west this time of year although they were late comming in. The fish are typically alot further east by now. We should have got together while you were out. Maybe next year.

Glen

Glen If I can ask how far back were you running your spoons on your riggers and is there any specal type of spoon that was better than the other :?: I never fished this time of year and I will be heading there soon and was also wondering How far were you running the wire back.Any help would be great.Sorry for all the questions but if I don't ask I will never know :?

Chris. Will give you a call this week. Will be up this weekend but got a lot of cleaning and waxing to do on the boat. As you know in April it went from snow and mud to hot fishing so I vowed to do it before the boat goes back in. Plus the cabin looks like a tackle shop exploded in there.

Erbyjoe,

Spoons we ran were mostly NK's with the setbacks at 25 foot 60 foot and deeper and 35-60 foot above that depending on how shallow I was running them. Wires worked out 80 to 120 but only had one good wire day. The riggers were best for us. Hope that helps.

Glen

Glen any info that you give to me is worth it's weight in gold :P I thanks you very much for the reply back.I have learned so much from you guys it's unbeliveable.I have writen it down so I don't forget.At my age that's the only way I will remember ;) I'm looking forward to getting out there and have some fun.Thanks again for your help.