Steelhead stuff

Does anyone know where to find small red steelie spoons? I cannot find Hi-Tech (creamsickle) or Alpena diamond spoons anywhere.... any ideas? Does anyone have success with the smaller DW Superslim spoons in the red colors trolling the top off boards? Ive found that anyone who has the good stuff either wont let you use it or will not sell it... I am a few break offs from being critically low on steelie lures.

The original reason for designing the DW superslims, WAS for Steelheads. They are fantastic Steelhead producers, and with a little weight should produce just fine off your boards for you. They have many, many Steelhead colors. LaRocks in Newfane, and Slippery Sinker in Olcott have good selections. For online purchases, I'm sure DreamSteelie Pete @ GreatLakes tackle site has all the DW stuff. The NK C-5 is another great surface Steelie spoon, with or without weight. Don't limit yourself to just red with any of these, orange variations are solid producers.

X 2 with what Capt. Vince said. The Super Slims ARE steelhead spoons. Capt. Pete--aka Vision Quest---aka Dream Steelie---aka Great Lakes Tackle Shop has ALL the DW steelhead spoons you could ever want. He is also the exclusive distributor for several HOT DW blades. You won't find them anywhere but on his site. Click on his ad to the left on the main page.

I found one Alpena Diamond spoon on eBay. The description did not match the photo. I contacted the seller and he fixed it so I do believe this is the spoon you're looking for: http://cgi.ebay.com/LUHR-JENSEN-ALPENA- ... 5005r16419

Please note also that our tackle shop also has a nice selection of Dreamweaver Super Slims, including many new colors for 2010, along with many other spoon manufacturers, including the NK C-5 mentioned by Captain Vince.

Michele

Captain's Cove

http://www.fishcaptainscove.com

[email protected]

Hi Tech lures. I picked up a few of those from his booth at the eastern sportsmans show in Harrisburg. They had some good deals on spoons. I have their business card if you want the contact info. A consistant producer for me on steel head last year was a fuzzy bear buffalo bill which is somehow affiliated with Dream weaver. It's chatruese on on side and reddish orange on the other. I also have it in the smaller LD size offered by Dream weaver. Also had good luck with the DW SS Steelie Dan and Mi. Stinger pink sunset.

Yeah, Gotta Bite, DW bought up Fuzzy Bear spoons when they were gonna close up shop. Shane had respect for the product because he fished against guys in tournaments in Michigan who did well using them. They had a following, and the DW boys wanted to take advantage of it. If you're going to own a a tackle business, you have to "LIVE IT", as ATOMIK Tommy Allen knows.

Capt. V,

Ironically I came across them by winning a bid on ebay that was for steelhead spoons and they were mostly Fuzzy bear spoons and a few Dream weavers. That was my first exposure to them. I hope they keep making those FB style spoons. They are an odd shape compared to DW and Stinger spoons and I found out quickly they do produce fish.