Old Penn Yann Predator 245...What to do?????????????

Last summer my buddy and I fell into a Penn Yann 245. The lady gave it to us as it had sat in her back yard since her husband passed. We were excited to say the least. However the boat had been there for 7+ years. THe motor and tranny are out of it. They were taken out to be fixed due to the motor bending a rod apparently after some water came back up the exhaust? Ever heard of that? We now have the motor in pieces and the tranny. Just like they were when they were taken out 7 years ago. Next we were told to check the wood pieces below deck with a small drill to see if they were rotted or not. We did and there are some spots that possibly are. There are definitly some spots towards the transom that are, like where the batteries go and such. My question to you all, as we are new to this caliber of boat. Are we in over our heads? Or is this worth the time, money and money it is going to take to fix up? Speaking of money any guesstimates as to what this will cost? :(

Far to many variables & questions for anyone here to answer with out seeing the boat or at least pictures. ( and year ) My best advice would be to have someone in your area that is knowledgeable in marine structure to look it over or have a structural survey done.

The few dollars spent initially could & probably will, save you considerably in the end.