cleaning your deck (washdown hose, cleaner)

What have you guys found to be the best for cleaning off your fiberglass decks with? Something easy on the environment I hope, My deck is self bailing. I had some dried blood left on there from last trip and man that stuff is hard to get off once dried on there. I need a washdown hose as well any one have any input on these two subjects?

thanks

TD

My brother tells me that Woody Wax is the bomb for keeping off bloodstains; they simply rinse off with water. The wax isn't supposed to be slippery, either. I haven't tried it yet, but this is the year.

Gator

If you do not want to use cleansers, try the Mgic erasers. They took old blood and scuff marks off my floor.

Magic Erasers are the best thing I've found to remove just about anything that can get on a boat. I scrubbed down my swim platform and the cooler mounted on it last fall, both were covered in that nasty black residue from tree sap/pollen... Came right off. Took scuffs right off the deck as well.

• 9 months later...

Simple green is great, and I found another one that works fantastic as well its call Crud Cutter, got it at Lowes. Stuff is amazing to, but not sure aobout the biodegradable stuff on that one, it may be almost everything is today.

I always used simple greene untill I tried Krud Kutter (Lowes) it does everything SG does, but really does a great job on cutting into those black scuff marks left by black soled shoes as well as all the other stuff like blood. cant swear to it being environmentally friendly tho.

Once you install a wash down pump, you will never be without one. Most used on Lake Ontario are raw water, meaning they draw the water through a thru-hull valve. Use a quality one with a petcock that can be closed. As for pumps, install a switch in the 12 volt power lead, and go quality and one with a higher gph(gallon per hour). Some names are Flo-jet and Jabsco. Find some guys on here that are near you so you can look at theirs before you do an install, or have it done by a reputable guy. This is a common area for accidental sinkings. Go top shelf on your caulk with that thru-hull. 3m 5200 is a popular choice.

Installed a washdown pump on my boat,and would never want to be without it again.Blood is no longer a problem.After we net a fish and there is blood on the deck a simple hosing with the washdown gets rid of the mess in an instant.

• 4 weeks later...

Blood rinses right off if done at once.....The " juice " from the fleas here on the Finger Lakes turns black and the ONLY thing I have found that will clean it off is Bleche White...by Wesley...Any part store or Walmart carrys it..