Got a late start today, fished from 9:30-12:30 with only 1 brown about 4lbs. Fished from the pier heads west almost to Port Bay. Water is very clear and surface temp is 44-47. The only fish came off the downrigger in 8ft of water on a goby stinger spoon. Tryed moving out to a little deeper water (30-40ft) but only found more clear and colder water. The last two trips have been slow out of Fair Haven. Anyone been doing good out of Fair Haven in the last week? Have not ever tried this time of year but what are the chances of finding steelhead and cohos out deeper(100ft+) this time of year on the eastern basin?

I know why you got one with the goby spoon.

These were in one of the brownies we opened up.

Counted 20 ugly Gobies.

Can't believe it was still hungry.

I'm not after looking at the picture :)

jNqH9.jpg

Nephew Dave and I had the day off and went to Fair Haven in the Lilboat.

We might have saw you. Only saw a couple boats west of chute. Most were going east when we went out at 7:30.

Air temp changed drastically and so did wind-wave height.

Don't lose it.

i live in fairhaven and fish out of it as well, i went out sunday night and caught 2 browns and a nice 6 lb atlantic salmon....All fish came from the piers to the second bluffs east of the chute....im sure the water has changed quite a bit since then though. Will be back at it this weekend to give it a shot. Hopefully we get some color in that water then we'll be set!!!

the blow that's coming thru tomorrow night should muddy the water up. We did well last weekend in 5-10' of water. Atlantics and Cohos were also in there. The Goby pattern has been one of the most consistant over the last couple of years. These fish are adapting and feeding on the bottom dwellers. The Savant Jake seems to match the hatch well and has produced some great fish for us. The Oswego Green dalmation scored several fish also.

Hey thanks for the info popeye, we did most of our fish on the black and silver jointed challenger stickbait. Did a brown on the dreamweaver superslim goby spoon as well, and your basic natural colors in the clear water, hopefully we do get that blow and it stirs her up a bit and we get that muddy water!!!! by chance what channel are you guys on when you fish out of fairhaven?

Yea we sa you. We caught these all west of chute to Blind Sodus Bay Wednesday. Went 4 for 6 (one steely and 3 browns) .

First hit was the steely. Then nephew dropped a reel nice fish about 25 ft from the boat. He then boated a brown and we wanted to stay over there-west, but being in the lilboat (14ft Starcraft) with the waves building and wind from WSW went behind the chute for another look there with no hits. Lake laid back down and tried a troll back to Blind Sodus where we hit 2 more browns. We had a nice early spring morning along the shores of the big O.

I told nephew not to feel bad about losing the big one as he'll probably lose an even bigger one later this year. :)

He said thats OK as long as he lands one.

Here Kingy Kingy.

nwYt0.jpg

We usually monitor channels 68, 72, or 5. the net pens will be launched tomorrow morning. We have a 9am work party scheduled at Anchor Marina to prep them then launch at Bayside Marina. Fish should arrive next week.