Had some guys originally from North Carolina out for their first Lake Ontario experience Tuesday Morning. With the T-storms and rain in the forecast I was worried about the weather but luckily it held off most the day. The Rain came and we got wet but the T-storms went north and south of us.... ;)

On the way into the lake I found good water color right out front of the pierheads and motored West and set up on an easterly troll. Action started after the first couple rods were set with a triple on 2 coho and a Brown Trout as we passed the channel! Only got 2 of 3 but what a way to start the day! We fished from 730 to about 130 or so and ended the day 16 for 21 boating 8 coho, 5 browns, 2 steelhead and a BONUS 11.5 pound Atlantic!! We dropped 3-4 cohos doing the infamous coho roll near the back of the boat. The coho were piled in front of the beach for most the morning with the biggest coho around 5 pounds. Alot of cold clear water past the shipbuilders so we spent most the day right in front in 8-20 fow. Black and silver jr T-sticks, perch colored rapalas off the boards and Black silver stingers off the riggers doing most the damage.

Great Day on the water

Watching that Atlantic Rip the release off the boardline and then start ripping out 130ft of line was by far the highlight of the day. I thought for sure we had the first king of the season!! :o8)

j2s_0.jpg

7bDSA.jpg

7bGmJ.jpg

NIvZr.jpg

NItui.jpg

Hes got the other part of one of the doubles on in the background

7cogi.jpg

7bIRS.jpg[/url

The forecast for the next couple days will keep me off the water to work on getting the salmon gear ready!

Good luck to all that try and get out!

That was out of Irondequoit Bay, That is the 3rd for me this year, although the other 2 could have been eatin by this guy, they were in the 2-3 pound range.

It would be nice to have a shot at some in the 20 pound range in a couple years!! :yes::yes: