Hot Lure: stickbaits - pink and blue watermelon

Trolling Speed: 2.4

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 8-15

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Weather forecast was wrong! Instead of rain, It was sunny and brisk out there. Lake was choppy. Started right out of Ibay inlet. We did eastern troll with the direction of the waves heading our way. Ran 2 rods each on planer boards and two riggers.

Hot lures: stickbaits Pink Cindy Bomber and blue watermelon.

No rigger action. Too choppy to run the lures properly.

First hit - a buddy fought the fish for about 15 minutes. Huge brown only 50 yards away. He did not make it as the big one got away.

Approaching Webster park. Hooked another one off board. About 10 minutes fight with this nice brown trout. I was not sure if it was Atlantic. Nevertheless, released the fish successfully. Did not have scale on board. On my to do checklist, bring the scale to the boat.

Passed Webster park. On the way back to the west, it got nasty with the waves. Pulled rods in and called it for the day.

1qP10.jpg

Anthony,

Definitely a nice Atlantic! Good to see you again this afternoon. We'll catch up with the spoons one of these weekends. I probably will not be around this weekend, might be fishing at the Oak with a buddy on saturday.

Thanks guys!

I will add a photo of the "blue watermelon" stick bait I mentioned for proper identification.

Jax - you got me to pay attention to the Cindy bombers. Hope you were able to get your hands on them.