Cayuga Reports

Pretty quiet out there.... :?

Been out a few times but haven't reported `cause my trips were pretty much lack-luster. Been fishing out of Long Point since late April and haven't had any great numbers to get everyone excited about.

Fishing up there has been like it was most of the winter on the south end. Few fish early in the upper water column and then it shuts off. I will say that I haven't tried along the shore line in the shallows (5' to 20'). If you wanted to stay longer than 10AM and catch fish, then 80' to 110' down was the place to be.

Surface fish up there yielded a few nice browns, short salmon (16" to 18 1/2" range) and no rainbows. Lakers that were caught deep were of good quality....mostly in the 25" to 30"+ range. There were no great concentrations of any fish were I've been fishing. Just had to put in the time and go looking for them. Pulled the boards off the boat and if the surface turns on then I'll use out riggers. The browns that I am catching don't seem to be boat or ball shy at all.

Will try again this weekend. Hope to hear from some of you guys. I know you are fishing. No secrets need to be given up. Especially ones that will win the Cayuga LOU-All ;) . Just like to hear what everyone is up to. Strength in numbers so they say......that includes LOU members & guests.

Hope that any of you guys in this weekends tournament have a good time and place in the winners circle. Best of luck to all.............and you too Strike 3, you have a new auto-pilot to pay for :)

talked to a couple seneca boys and things have slowed for them also,if ya got any woochuck trolling flys skip them on the surface off your outriggers or big boards in the am back 100+, pu/silver small spoons 25 t 30 down ,flour or/wht flutter or light down 15 back15 center rigger in the propwash ,sm/silver black on sliders,if ya got any color water gold w/ or ladder early 20 to 35 dwn also ,or /wht w silver ladder on back should wake something up, might do seneca this sat. i think every sawbelly left in the lake are still up the canal they should be moving back out soon then the s.end should lite up again,

Will be heading out Monday morning for the 1st Cayuga trip of the year ... how fricken' sad is that :shock:. Normally by now I've had at least a few trips under my belt. Anyways I will post up a report, we'll be fishing a 6 rod spread, launching from Myers and probably headed both north and south.

DAN

ive posted open invites several times,your the one that waited for the trees to bloom before dragging your boat out, that far up in the hills the snow probly just melted, have you heard of any decent numbers of landlocks getting hooked, might have to put my thinking cap on sat if i hit seneca, if i know me ill run to the oak fri nite for a sat. troll the so. wind rolled in a bunch of cold stuff ,in and spread the fish all over ;( i guess the smart thing would be to do some homework for the seneca derby i hate home work always catch a big one .................

Done okay though not much recently, weather and stuff kept me off the water most of the week. Fish (lakers) were still deep 120-150 last time I was out though hungry. Some bait is beginning to move up. Surface was 47-49 but that was before cold and wind. South end supposedly okay for browns, a few salmon. Not much in the Taughannock area the past few days.

Nasty weather this week!! Weekend doesn't look good either, may have to skip Barney's.

Ray - It's not a matter of waiting 'til the the trees bloom, boat's been ready for over a month. From reading some of your past posts I take it you have kids that are out of the house - mine are 2 1/2 & 5 with a third about 3 weeks out - free time is at a premium right now ;(

I have not heard any recent reports about the south end or mid lake area of Cayuga. Buddy at work trolled the south end of Seneca the other day and did well on lakers and a 3.5# LL salmon, 100 fow range at or near bottom - not sure where the salmon came from.

DAN