Sandy,4-13, April 13th 2010, IV-XIII-MMX

Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name: (JAX) JD Custom Charter

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s): 4-13 or 5 days before Shawn Burr (FX) gets a chance to "maybe" go fishing on Lake Ontario

Time on Water: 7:30am - 1pm

Weather/Temp: sunny & 50

Wind Speed/Direction: calm in morning turning ENE after Noon

Waves: None then about 1 foot

Surface Temp: 48 -50

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 13

Total Boated: 12

Species Breakdown: (1) LakeTrout, (2) Coho and (9) Brown Trout

Hot Lure: Michigan Stinger Stingray size Alewaife, Cindy Bomber and Rose Mary's Baby

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 2.25-2.50

Boat Depth: 7-14ft

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

==================

Hit Sandy creek for the first time this year with Jeremy and Brian who works at the Caledonia fish hatchery who was great to talk with and get information about what goes into getting the fish to us in the lakes and streams throughout NY :yes::yes::clap:

We set out towards the pump house trailing another boat which we saw get a couple of fish. Did find some water that had some color to it and some 50 degree water west near the pump house in about 10 feet of water.

Rigger set 5 feet down and back 45ft fires with a bubble blue and lucky for me I was driving so Jeremy took the fish and it was a decent sized Laker that fought surprisingly well :o . We continued a steady pick the rest of the day landing a few very nice fish but nothing to big but did a brown about 6-7lbs.

Did notice at least 4 of the browns had some nasty lamprey marks on them, which Brian said must have been Browns stocked from somewhere other than the Caledonia hatchery that he works at because he said he raises only big fast trout that lampreys can't get a hold of :D.

Boards were set back 125 on one side and 150 feet on the other with both taking about the same amount of fish and the rigger with the Alewife Stingray on it took 4 fish set back 55 and down 3 feet.

First time Jeremy has used his new "Clipper" planer board releases and we all agreed that they worked great :clap::clap::yes::yes::yes:

I hope to be out Thursday in my boat out of Sandy for the first time this year.

Photo0601.jpg

Photo0600.jpg

Photo0603.jpg

Tommy got most of it right...... 8)

Another Great day on the water with it being the first time out of Sandy this year, LOW water at the ramps and in the channel.

The last BT Tom caught was at the 10-11 lbs mark on the boga grip, some real beautiful fish today on a mix of black and silver, natural colored stickbaits and spoons.

Switching over to "Clipper" releases was a great move, Once I got the tension screws dialed in---Not one malfunction.

Worst part of the day was having to go to work afterwards. Long day but well worth it to get on the water and bang on some BTs!!

Will be out again on Thursday-Friday

Anybody have their canadian fishing license and want to drag some flys and spoons around the bar in search of KINGS?? :yes::yes::yes:

Thanks for the report tom and jax, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,So how many sandwiches did it take to get 2 guys to lie about who really got the laker.......Usually the credit for finding fish goes to the driver im surprised you took 2 people to your "secret" laker spot,but at least you know your "bubble blue" (must be simular to the blue bubble but a secret color for lakers) still works. :lol: did ya have to chum for them too?? :puke:

My computer isn't the best in the world and the middle picture is very dark. Can't make out the face. The outline of the person looks like Brian and if it is I would put the sun behind him to darken his face

There I fixed the date for ya :o 12th or 13th who cares, I was fishing and you were working Shawn :D date didn't matter to me with like 3hrs sleep it was all a "BURR" :D .

Sorry JEWWEEEEEEEEEEE (hey at least I turned my hat around for ya that time) I didn't look at the scale and you said nothing as far as weight to me. I was going by memory 10 hrs later and with some heavy eyelids, but it seems right now since the last few fish I caught before yesterday were bullhead :o:lol: 10lbs makes since :yes:

Blue Bubble/Bubble Blue whatever, I know it wasn't your favorite lure the Blue Whale :lol: No sandwiches but the Venison sausage and salami Brian brought were great :yes::yes::yes: