Tough luck for the boys weekend !!

Ok, I need to fill you all in on this past weekend from H@#$@^$ . Started out on Wednesday with 8 guys in our party from New Hampshire for the 6 hour trip to camp in Oswego with the hopes of getting a good start at four fun filled days of Brown Trout fishing. The trip started well with catching some good size Pike out of Wrights Landing ( caught and releases of course ) around 1:30 am on Thursday morning just fooling around on the docks. We were able to get out on the water around 10 am Thursday with 2 boats out of Mexico. 1 boat went west toward the stack and I went east to the Salmon River. Just as all lines were out I recieved a call from the other boat with a need for a tow, so in with all the lines and planners ! Within 15 yards of the other boat , his motor started and no longer needed the tow but of coarse at this time we were real close to shore and in shallow water. As I turned to get into deeper water I hit a rock with the prop and broke both it and some internal components in the lower unit??? thus needing the tow myself, so back to camp for the back up boat we went !!! After getting the other boat and this time launching out of Oswego we were able to troll around for about 2 hours before the steady 50 mph wind took over forcing us to drive to Mexico because we were not able to work our way back to Oswego! Over all I think we were able to get on the water a total of 6 hours from Thursday to Saunday! :devil: With all of that said we were able to salvage the weekend with a couple of 30 packs :beer::beer: and a trip to Gander Mtn. for more lures! Can not wait for the next trip in a couple of weeks, I hope the weather improves this time. If all trips were easy I think you would get bored, it's trips like these that leave you longing for redemption !

Life is good !!!! hope to see you on the water!

Darm Ammies (amatures), First of all if ya got only 2 30 pacs for 8 guys you were realy undersauced, keep the radio off to eliminate those nusance calls (unless the beer was on the other boat"your mistake" ), the 50 mph winds make for some good "salmon chop" hope you didnt waste your surfing to mexico without a good salmon spread out.

Well i guess the best thing about the trip was you can only go downhill Or Uphill from there. (unless you forget the beverages)......As a N.Y. resident i thank you and all outofstaters for your visit to our wonderfull broke state we will be filing the lake soon ,Hank keeps the level a little low till he recives his summer quota of outdrives...( L&M ) .... Well at least ya all drove home SAFE AND ALIVE !!! ,as those of us who venture out to shake off the cabin feaver dust know, sometimes we tend to set the bar for reminders too all ,drain plugs, floating debres, water in fuel, lower water conditions, Ect,Ect.,Ect..........Its A Good Reminder Early Fishing Means , Your almost on your own out there so tooo all make shure your ready for any situation Be Safe, check all safty equipt(including extingusher) .............You know the drill......... P.S. if their is a slight chance of west wind drive 2 more hours to west end of lake it can make the difference between 1ft chop and 7 ft swells......

Ray K.[*]

I learned a long time ago if the weather isn't looking good for the weekend I will cancel out. Spent way to much time standing on the dock watching the waves crash over the breakwall. I also learned to drive the 3 hours further and fish out of Olcott or Niagra early in the year more bigger fish and less blow off time.

Thanks for the info guys and the suppurt for us " outofstaters" Ray. :) We're ready for round 2 next weekend, maybe Hank will fill the lake by then ! Either way , we're not working and far enough from home that we should'nt be bothered ! I"ll post the results from round 2 next week.