salmon river thug attack!!!!!! Update

• 3 weeks later...

i looked on this jerks website and in going through his photo gallery(wich consists of one picture) I recognized his face. Just so happens, i had an experience with him myself in the bovine section of the salmon river the first week in october.

We arrived early in the am. put on our waders and started down toward the river. A truck came speeding in and two guys jumped out as if to try to beat us down to the river. going down the path they were right behind me and as i walked downstream they followed and stopped in the same exact spot as me in the dark. I told him that there was three other guys with me on there way down from the truck just so we could spread out a little and give each other some room. He then began to scream "i Own this land". I said i did'nt see you come from the landowners home, you drove in a vehicle. He then changed his story to his father in law owns this land and i built these runs. I think he had some thoughts about trying to be a tough guy but I must have been a little too big or too young for him? so the sun comes up and he has one client. He shows him how to cast and goes back to the bank, sits down and covers his head with a rainjacket. constantly he keeps saying he feels sick and starts making cellphone calls. I had the impression he was either strung out or hungover. A short time later his client notices he is no longer behind him and has left him. I overheard him saying how am i going to get back to my car. Another fisherman offerd to give him a ride. I join together with the rest of you guys in saying this jerk should never be allowed to call himself a guide and is certianly no sportsman. :no::no:

Hopefully he will be rightfully prosecuted. With any luck when he becomes elderly, i hope he encounters a young scumbag just like himself.

i have been following this story pretty closely from the start because it is so disturbing. i live in altmar not far from the spot it happened. at first the locals were so upset they were talking about burning his cabins down etc... now it seems most have forgotten about it. their nefew used to work for me. he is a really nice guy but he even said to stay away from those guys. i rarely hear anything good about them. i have been heard that the investigators have not contacted any wittenissis. i personnaly have never met pat but i have met bob and i hope they get the book thrown at them. i was not there to see this go down so i don't know the whole story but what i do know is this is very disturbing and should not be treated lightly. just my two cents.

You guys should all know that the town judge Howard Allen is a real softy and I will not be suprised at all about the outcome. He is the man to contact and voice your opinion. I know cause Im related to him. And yes some of the towns people are still talking about this and other antics and from what I currently understand regardless of the outcome Pat is taking some time off from guiding on the river. I even have had the opportunity of trying to be thrown off my own land with claims of them owning it. Will never figure that one out since it was even posted with my name on the signs. What I also cannot figure out is out of all the eyewitnesses how come none of them are coming forward. From what I understand not a single one is willing to testify about what actually happened. So either there is alot more to this story or not any of them want to step up to the plate. I hope I am wrong but this is what is being said around town and Supposedly there are pictures or video of the man who received this uncalled for beating slashing the tires on 3 different ocassions and that Pat was charged by Murry and not the other way around. So if this is not the case and you witnessed what happened you should get your input to the powers to be.

These should be felony charges that are pending.

Is the judge related to these a$$wipes????????? WTF, over.

The next time I do some river fishing I'll have a check list:

Rod

Reel

Boots

Lures

Taurus .45 ACP

If the victim had carried, there may have been 2 bums, that would've been worm castles.

Nope judge not related at all to them. Like I said he is a known softy but we will see for sure how things turn out in july. Im not happy either about this whole deal and think if these witnesses do not come forward it is gonna be a he said she said bs case. So how does a judge make a decision when only one side of the parties involved show up? You know what now that I think of it the judge is their next door neighbor that ought to freak the judge out a little.

• 1 month later...
Okay the last court date was july 5 according to the paper has anybody heard what the outcome was. I have not heard or read anything in the paper.

i live in altmar and havn't heard a thing in a while. for somereason it is kinda kept hush hush, which in my opinion is a bad thing. i think the heat should stay on them som nobody forgets the severity of this.

Pistol permit issued in NY State is only good for NY. Other state laws apply in whatever state you are going into. If you are carrying a pistol from NY State thru another state check their laws regarding such.

I am OUTRAGED!!!!! as a county Sheriff myself I find this very upseting. I see things like this all the time but this hits home. Go for a day on the water and end up in the hospital! The COWARDS responsible for this atack need nothing less than a bullet hole rite smack in the middle of head. Some find this harsh and say it is cruel and that the system will make it just. My A**!!!! They will get it, it is in the future. Hope bill makes a speedy recovery and me and my family are thinking about him and his. I made some calls myself and will keep posted. To hell with them!!!!

I just read of the attack anyone interested in this case has the right or duty tocall both the D.A and the court clerk of the justice court for a return date for the defendant. anyone canshow up for village justice proceeding any witness to the attack could rightly fear retaliation so you could register with both the county sheriff tobe notified of ant release of the defendants. Da's are usually assigned to a specific court ALSO if this is felony assault it can not be handled by a village justice so if it started as a felony and is disposed of in the village court it was plea-bargained. Which is the most likely, outcome.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

• 1 month later...

Just found out last week the judge was sick on the forementioned courtdate so it was rescheduled for a later date. Word is that there is a plea bargain on the table and it isnt going anywhere but a small slap on the hand and a I dont ever wanna see you in this courthouse again speech. Sad I would of really like to know the truth behind all this and justice served. Also if you searched any info on Pat you would notice he has harrasment charges against him in Allegany county where he hunts as well. On a side note its almost time for some Salmon to come in the river.