salmon river thug attack!!!!!! Update

Two people being charged in Salmon River fight

By Debra J. Groom / The Post-Standard

April 27, 2010, 6:20PM

Albion, NY -- One person will be arraigned May 3 in Albion town court on charges stemming from an April 8 fight in the Salmon River, said Maureen Wren, spokeswoman with the state Department of Environmental Conservation.

A second person also is being charged in the case, but he will be arraigned later because his lawyer was not available to go to court May 3.

The DEC declined to name the two people because they have not yet been arrested. They are being charged with misdemeanor counts of assault and petit larceny and an environmental conservation violation of fighting in a fishing area.

They will be arraigned before Albion Town Justice Howard Allen Jr.

William E. Murray, 62, of Ithaca, was injured in a fight while he was fishing on the Salmon River north of the village of Altmar, DEC police said previously. He was treated at Upstate University Hospital and released.

State police reported earlier in April that a fight broke out between three men and Murray, who were all fishing in the river about 4:10 p.m. April 8. Troopers said the fishermen know each other and usually use the Ellis Cove parking area.

Troopers said the incident occurred in the river off county Route 52, between Tar Hill and Hogsback roads.

We are supposed to be sportsman and most of us are that indeed; however, these creeps are pathetic low lifes who are so cowardly to attack a fisherman enjoying mother nature makes me SICK. I send all my thoughts and prayers to this man and hope that his recovery is speedy!!!

Central NY Real-Time News

Breaking Local News from Syracuse & Central New YorkCrime & Safety, Oswego County, Outdoors »

Two river guides charged in Salmon River fight

April 28, 2010, 10:14AM

Investigators with the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Bureau of Environmental Crimes Investigations have arrested two men in connection with a fight on the Salmon River April 8.

Patrick A. Mahoney, 42, of 2624 State Route 13, Altmar, NY, and Robert F. Mahoney III, 45, of 1240 county Route 15, Boylston, NY, will be arraigned May 3 in Albion Town Court before Judge Howard Allen.

Mahoney and Mahoney each were charged with third-degree assault, a misdemeanor, after engaging in a fight with William E. Murray, 62, of Ithaca. They were also charged with petit larceny for taking and throwing Murray’s glasses and camera into the river.

The altercation occurred in the Salmon River at the Ellis Cove fishing area in the town of Albion. Murray suffered a concussion from the fight and was treated and remained overnight at a Syracuse hospital before being released.

Both charges can result in fines of up to $1,000 and jail time of up to one year. In addition, the pair was charged with violating the Environmental Conservation Law, which states no person shall engage in a fight or assault any person at fishing-access sites and public fishing rights areas under DEC jurisdiction. This is a violation that can result in a fine up to $250 and imprisonment for up to 15 days.

In addition, each Mahoney faces the potential loss of his state-issued River Guide license. DEC may revoke a license guide if the person is found guilty of a violating provision of the Environmental Conservation law or New York state’s Code of Rules and Regulations.

hopefully the only guide trips the Mahoney's will be giving is for trouser trout in State Prision :rofl::rofl: What a shame for something like this to happe to a fellow fisherman. Hopefully Mr. Murray's recovery is quick

From Friday's paper.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...salmon_ri.html]

May 07, 2010, 7:32AM

Albion, NY -- Witnesses to the attack of an Ithaca man on the Salmon River in Albion say two men kicked and punched William Murray repeatedly and held his head below water, according to statements given to police.

Murray, 62, was attacked while he was fishing the river about 4 p.m. April 8.

Police with the State Department of Environmental Conservation arrested Patrick A Mahoney, 42, of state Route 13, Altmar, and Robert R. Mahoney III, 45, of county Route 15, Boylston. They each are charged with misdemeanor counts of assault and petit larceny and an environmental conservation charge of fighting in a fishing access area.

They will be arraigned in Albion town court June 7.

» Read the statement by William Murray to police.

Watertown lawyer David Antonucci, who represents the Mahoneys, said Murray was the aggressor in the altercation and his clients were defending themselves.

"He came toward my clients," he said. "We intend to absolutely stand by our position that this was self defense."

Murray suffered a concussion and spent two days in a Syracuse hospital. The Mahoneys, who work as river guides, could lose their state-issued guide licenses if they are found guilty of violating the state Environmental Conservation law or state Code of Rules and Regulations.

Five of six witness statements included in the court documents state either three or four men were involved in the attack. These witnesses are from various locations and one stated he is a friend of Murray.

In his statement to state troopers, who also assisted in the investigation, John P. Biagini, of Utica, said he saw a man he identified as Pat Mahoney running towards Murray.

"The guy hit him hard and tackled him. The guy then bent down, grabbed him by the hair and started hitting him over and over in the head. He was also holding Murray’s head under water from time to time. I heard Murray screaming," Biagini told the troopers.

He said he also saw a man he knows as Bob Mahoney join in the attack along with a third man. He said Bob Mahoney kicked Murray in the head with his boots with spikes on them. The third man hit Murray in the face, he said.

"I watched Murray get put under water at least five or six times," he told the troopers. "It was an awful fight. I couldn’t believe all three of them were fighting him, he couldn’t get away because his waders were full of water and they were right on top of him."

Biagini and witness David A. Deep of Lacona said a number of men fishing in the area yelled at the attackers to stop. One of the men told Deep to "mind your own business."

Biagini said when he told the men to stop, "they started to threaten me."

Deep also said he recognized two of the men as Bob and Pat Mahoney.

Francis J. Polick of Ellenvlle, told DEC police he saw Murray "kneed in the face" by one of the men. "I called 911 and reported what I was seeing in fear that they were trying to kill this guy," he told the police.

Witnesses Bruce A. Rogers, of Ithaca, and Robert Bisignani of Moscow, Pa., said neither saw Murray "throw a punch." Rogers also said he heard the men accuse Murray of "slashing their tires. They said this is the end of it. It wasn’t going to happen again," he told state police.

Rogers said he believes the fight lasted about five minutes.

Antonucci said the April 8 incident was one in "a pattern of harassment from the victim fro a number of years." He said the Mahoneys tried to deal with the harassment by contacting the authorities, but to no avail.

"When he (Murray) charged at my client, he had to defend himself," Antonucci said.

Last week, Murray was seen by other doctors in Ithaca and diagnosed with cerebrospinal fluid rhinorrea — that is, fluid surrounding the brain leaks into the nose. Murray’s wife, Jeannette, said doctors told them the condition can be caused by trauma.

The two misdemeanor charges against the Mahoneys can result in fines of up to $1,000 and jail time of up to one year. The Environmental Conservation Law violation carry a fine up to $250 and imprisonment for up to 15 days.

How in Gods name can that be a "misdomeanor" offense???? Shod foot to the head and he had corkors on????? And they held him under water????? WTF!!! Oswego county tourism will have to come up with a new tourism slogan........ Come fish the beautiful salmon river for trophy trout and salmon..... IF YOU DARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your better off fishing in da bronx!!!!! :lol:

there is more too this story and i think it would of went down no matter where they were but in this case it just happend too happen at the salmon river! could of happend at walmart with this group and there bad blood !

I was cleaning out some old magazines and there was a fall 2002 salmon river outdoors magazine published by -- guess who---??? The thug brothers from the Salmon River attack. Go figure!!!. Reading it closely led me to believe they had a chip on their shoulder back then also.