Dodger/Squid combos

Any of you guys run squids for lake trout on regular basis?? I know a couple of guys who used to fish Cayuga religiously and ran clean squids quite a bit with very good success.

With the recent resurgence of squid for kings I'm gonna give them a shot on Cayuga for lakers and probably try and run some in the fall behind Spin Doc's on Lake O. - if my brother gives it the thumbs up anyways, his boat.

Also - having never even touched one of the things, any difference in rigging a squid to run behind a dodger or flasher than a fly?? Any recommendations on brands etc. etc..

Thanks. DAN

no to squids but have done well with dk green spin dct .w/ gr/wh fly ,better yet "0" DODGER 1/2CHART. 1/2 GREEN w/ gr fly same off ball ,that color dodger is hard to find .should do a laker every 1/2 hr 80 to 120 ft even more if ya got a laker hump and drag this set up over w/ the current ccw.

Never have run squid in the fingers. However I did dedicate one day to pulling cutbait behind a rotator and never moved a rod. I would imagine the squid should work.As for color probably blk/purple.

Ray your amazing. We call that dodger a John Deere.

Standard size spin doc's???? I was thinking about pickin' up some baby spin doc's and trying those on Cayuga.

I've got a green glow opti dodger (green/chartreuse) that I ran quite a bit last year and I don't think I caught a fish on it. Somewhere along the way I lost a silver LJ dodger with a green stripe along the edge that was killer in front of a green fly, gotta get a couple more of those too.

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna pick up some purple/blk, green and white squids I think and see how they produce.

DAN

I use a glow squid 22" behind a white/prism/glow 11" Hot Spot flasher in Canandaigua Lake quite often, using a tournament tie with treble and single octopus hook, or two single octopus hooks, works out there quite well, I have not caught a laker on a Spinny in the fingers, I have run the baby Docs and the standard Spin Doctor, however I only have white ones.