water level?

• 2 weeks later...

I fished out of Sandy Pond this morning. Can barely get out of channel. Water is about 1 foot deep in the pond going out to the lake. If you have any size boat you may have to find another place for your boat

A few small browns and a rainbow just outside of channel

How about Stony Creek? Has anyone launched there yet? I'm headed to Henderson Harbor on Wednesday and was planning on launching at Stony Creek to fish the sands, rather than have to go all the way around the point with the boat. Anyone launched there yet? Anyone had any luck on the sands or anywhere up in that area?

Thanks,

Steve

I fished on the St. Lawrence River last Wednesday out of Clayton . The river is at least 2' low. The marina at French Creek has 2' under the boat , it usually is 4' deep in the marina . The water marks are evident on all the docks and rocks all along the river. This is a bad situation as this is the time of year when the water is usually the highest. The marinas will be high and dry by August if we don't get some serious rain.

I'm surprised you were even able to get out of Sandy Pond through the channel. I've got a 17' and was not able to get out through the channel. Went around the island and came in from the north side. Was able to barely get through - 12-18" deep, had to pole through on the way back in.

That said, good brown bite out front of Sandy.

Sandy Pond marina's floating docks are sitting on the lake bottom - no water.

I have a 22' Penn Yan that draws 16" tried going out of the pond. water level is 10"-12" for about 20' on one section of the channel. Did not try going around the island to the north side but it didnt look any better. We did make it out to the lake but my two boys and myself had to get wet and help the boat along. Not my idea of fun at 6am and 33 degrees. I have paid for the full years slip, but according to the Sandy Pond Channel Maint. Assoc. it doesnt look like it will be getting dredged any time soon!

I fished on the St. Lawrence River last Wednesday out of Clayton . The river is at least 2' low. The marina at French Creek has 2' under the boat , it usually is 4' deep in the marina . The water marks are evident on all the docks and rocks all along the river. This is a bad situation as this is the time of year when the water is usually the highest. The marinas will be high and dry by August if we don't get some serious rain.

Just thought I'd toss this out there, as of Sat. April 24, 2010 the Lake Ontario water level is 244.8' the long term avg. for the lake is 245.7' this info comes from the Democrat and Chronicle newspaper. The lake is ONLY down 9 tenths of a foot. That is 10" guys and I'm not happy about it either but unless the Army Corps. starts holding more water at Malone we are in for a shallow season :@:@:@