Tandem axle trailer jack

Misty IV

I saw an ad for a "drive-on" tandem axle trailer jack a few weeks ago somewhere, but can't remember where I saw it. I have seen the ones for single axle trailers, where you place the crescent-shaped jack under the axle and drive forward until your tire is off the ground. This tandem unit I saw works in that you place it in front (or behind) the good tire and drive up onto it, thus lifting the flat tire off the ground. Has anyone seen this type of ramp around? It was compact enough that it was stowable in your tow vehicle, yet, at the same time, sturdy & heavy-duty enough to support a boat's weight. Help!! Thanks.

the drive on would be ok if you had a spare and hooked to truck with park brake on.....but if you had to leave and come back (bearing,2nd flat) and messed up a tad backin up ...............*%&&*##%#............. most car sizzor jacks are light can fit under axil with flat tire and ya can get the extra lift to slip under a safty block if needed....go to a junkyard and pick one up for 5 or 10 bucks.....would be my suggestion BIG PS........ make shure your lug wrench fits the boat trailer nuts they all ant the same.......not that i ever found out the hard way :(

That's good advice on the jack type and lug wrench. The first year I had my boat I found out my truck jack didn't fit under the flat axle and the trailer lugs were on so tight I busted two sockets(the only thing I had that fit the lugs) till I got the tire changed. Now I keep a plastic tub in the truck when trailering, with the right jack, lug wrench, wood blocks, spare bearings, a spare bearing cap and a few extra lug nuts.

Haven't had a flat since.

High Bidder

The scissor jack from my Dodge Dakota worked for my trailer last year (tandem Karavan) when I lost a bearing. I think it was short enough that it would fit under the axle for a flat too. I carry a folding 4-way lug wrench that way I'm covered with most sizes.