Lake Michigan

It was a whirlwind trip to seatrial a boat I never thought I would own. This economic climate is good for something. Spent time in Waukegan harbor (IL), Winthrop Harbor (IL), and Kenosha (Wisc). The marinas were incredible! Modern, clean, bustling, and full of high-end boats and yachts. Not much going on North of Waukegan yet. Pier fishermen casting for Browns, and catches of approx 15 Cohos coming from Waukegan and south. Anglers very happy with coolers of 2-4 lb Cohos, and they should be. They treasure the Coho fillets, and lots of large charterboats running Perch trips until the Cohos and odd Kings show up.

Great to be back and looking forward to our season here.

Congrats Vince on the new ride !

Now you can trade in your SPIRO-GRAPH for a Chart Plotter. Olcott will love the new "TECHNO SEEKER"

See ya soon.

Jerry

Runnin Rebel (now one of the oldest Penn Yans left on the lake)

One of these lifetimes I will learn how to post pics. On the other hand, a couple years ago I would have said there was no chance of me using the computer so much, so there is hope! :lol:

Here ya go Vince! I'll make ya a deal......you teach me how to fish and I'll teach you how to post pics on here. :o

1682514_1.jpg

A big congrats on the new ship Vince....looks fantastic!!!! I look forward to hearing more about it and seeing it on the water.

I have heard how amazing the marinas & ports are in Michigan. They got us on the facilities and the bling, but we do have the bigger fish :yes:

I have an invite to go to Michigan to fish on the Big Weenie boat, if I can only find the time. I'd love to go there & it sounds like you enjoyed your stay. Michigan may be a family vacation destination for us in the very near future.

Attaboy Vince WTG !!!!

First time I asked Vince to send me a copy of his THRILLSEEKER logo while chatting on the phone he said "No problem", so after hanging up I hit refresh about 10 times, no logo ......................

2 days later the mailman handed it to me on my front porch

ROFLMAO :rofl:

The mention of a new ride measuring up to the old one ???

Is that even possible ???

I love it, love that whole theme ..... Not only possible I might add, but somewhat to a degree expected !!

When as dedicated to our love to compete as Vince, as well as to perform, anything is possible, and that leaves that chance in a staggering category !!!

All the best to the man, from the grasshopper that first shook your hand July 14, 2001 !!!

Tom

moneyshot.jpg

orleansproam2009230-3-2.jpg

Congrats on the new ride Vince. Can't wait to see it and follow you around in rough water as you smash 5-7's into oblivion!

He did that in the 30' Penn Yan Bill. The only thing is now when he does it in the 35' Viking he won't get off the bridge looking like a wet cat that just got launched by an aircraft carrier catapault. :lol:

Wow, where do I start. First, I love Wilson, but Olcott is home. The demise of the Penn Yan is very pre-mature. Looking better than ever, and for now we are contemplating keeping it as well, so cool your jets Jerry. Yes, I am a electronics dinosaur. Still love CRT color videos, and when I pulled my beloved Northstar 800x dual station LoranC this Spring, I shed a tear. That was the single best piece of electronics ever made, and served well for 20yrs. I would like to find a GPS that is as dependable and user friendly as that Loran was. Yes Paul, I am looking forward to staying drier. One of the things I wanted to check out was the visibility from the optional lower station this one had. Yes, it has as good of visibility as an express of the same size.

Paul, thanks for posting that, but that is a sistership. I will send you a pic and you can edit it.

Tom, thanks for the kind words and great pics. To all, thanks for the well wishes and kind words. PS, Highway Dave--Good eye, thats the one!

Congrats Capt Vince.....I hope you have as many good years out of this one as you have had out of the Penn Yan Battlewagon .......

I think this one will be a little tougher to hide along the shore during the tourneys...haha........camo-paint????

So Vin.....

Now that we have welcomed you to the "technology age" is it possible you can share with the fine folks on this forum HOW TO RENT A FREAKIN' CAR WHEN TRAVELLING?? The man can see in 3D below the water, drink fruity beer til the cows come home, he can even text message (we learned together in June 2007). But renting a car.....FORGET IT!! LOL...... :lol:

Also, when did the fearless leader of Team Thrillseeker become a socialite? I'm beyond confused and approaching dumbfounded. Something like 120 posts in 4 months?? You don't say that many words in a morning unless a tongue lashing is in the offing!! I'm convinced his next post will read something like this:

Hi, my name is Vince and I enjoy God's Country, long walks on the beach, and fruit in my beer. and oh yeah, the only sports team that exists is the New York football Giants.....etc....

When you guys see my captain, please let me know. I'm supposed to fish with him next weekend.....Dex