4/16 and 4/17 Irondequoit bay

4/16 - Gave it a shake down. Boy did the boys at Krenzer do a job on the boat. She has never run so well right out of the gate. Fished for about an hour, and managed one Shaker BT on a Firetiger F11.

4/17 - Chris and some friends from Newberg, NY joined us for some HOT April Brown Trout action. The only problem was it turned into some HOT Coho action. The weather looked bleak all week. They were calling for 6-8's at one point! We headed down to Irondequoit Bay because that gives us the option to fish in the Bay. We peaked outside the breakwalls and it was fishable, so we set lines. It wasn't Fast and Furious, but we had a slow steady pick most of the morning. Chartreuse F9 Rapala took most of our shots with a J9 GFR Rapala coming in a close second. Off the planer boards we ran them between 100-150' back, and on the rigger 50-75' back. The bait was LOADED on the shore. You wanna know how I know this? Well, first off the birds were divebombing all morning, but every time I would go to change out a spoon on my riggers there was a Alewife on the hook. Funny and irritating at times. I guess if you want to catch some Alewives run the alewife Stinger Stingray, because that seemed to always have a alewife on it. Chris and the boys left with some very tasty Coho meat, and they had a great time given the 40 degree or colder day mother nature threw them. Oh, by the way we did land one little Brown Trout. So they sorta got what they came for! We will be out tomorrow, so stay tuned for another report! I apologize about not having any pictures. I forgot the camera at home! I wont let that happen again!