Sandy Creek Legacy report 4-18

Strong western wind, wicked western current, and a nice cold rain led to a slow start with less than positive weather conditions this am. Trolling east of the creek and an hour in and we hadnt landed a fish. So we switch gears and headed west of the creek and before we reached Newman's, we had a quintuple. 3 Browns, an Atlantic, and a nice Steelie. Nice way to start the day! We continued to work a small spot between the mouth and Newman's resulting in 13 bites dominated by Browns. Orange sticks (jointed Rapalas and thunderstick jrs) off the boards and Stinger Nbk off the rigger produced the fish for us. The best depths for us was 8-14 fow with alot of good, colored water.

002-3.jpg

Congrats Legacy! I have trolled L. O. for over 30yrs and have experienced that only twice. First time was all browns off Fair Haven in the Spring of 1983, and the second was staging Kings off the Oak in 1989. We were tickled to death to hit a quad at the pier heads off Olcott last Sept. There is a cool pic of it on my site.

Happy for you, you will never forget it.

Rob,

WOW getting stuck in front of another stuck truck way out in a farm field waiting for a 3rd Range Rover to pull us out is GOOD KARMA.

Congrats and THANKS.

Runnin Rebel's best was in 1987 fishing walleye tournament (South towns/ L.E.I tourny) on Lake Erie-Barcelona/Silver Springs/Van Buren Pt. area boated 9 walleyes trolling. Funny story for another day.

Jerry

Vin....

Would Spring Scotty 2008 qualify??

You were SO flustered we couldn't keep rods in the water, that at one point we had about 6 kings on the deck with blood and shredded tackle everywhere. At this point, with one diver left in the water, it goes!! Vince looks at it getting pounded and says, "what the F**K!!! Hilarious!! :rofl:

Thanks guys, feels good to just be out fishing. Now lets see some Kings! The only story i have to rival this one was about ten years ago, during the 1st evening of the spring LOC derby, we were fishing off Olcott and all six rods fired of the boards at once. For a second, i thought for sure we had snag bottom. Turned out to be a school of hungry cohos and we struggled to land four of them.