Hot Lure: spoons and sticks

Trolling Speed: 2-2.5

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

lakebound88 (Nick) and I went out of Mexico aboard spoonfed-1 (Glen) and we had a great day! :yes:

We boated 25 browns out of slightly more than 30 hits. :clap:

No big ones - all nice cookie cutters in the 4-8 pound range.

Glen was really driving his butt off in those waves - some cross chop and big swells.

We had several doubles and were having lots of fun but felt bad for glen. ;( He was doing all the driving while we were cranking in football browns. Finally when there was a fish big enough for Glen, he came out of the drivers chair to take it (pulling lots of drag).

It put on a nice fight, but something didn't seem quite right. Just about the time Glen gets it close to the boat it comes up and takes a look at the surface. One quick roll on the top of the waves and pop - out comes the spoon. :o The spots and forked tail as it waved goodbye to the boat told us all we needed to know. Laker. Probably 28-30 inches and 10 lbs. :@

We fished between 8-20 FOW and fish came on sticks and spoons. Pics coming soon. A little bumpy but GREAT DAY on the water!

Thanks guys :beer:

Todd I thought that was you!

I told Nick I it looked like bottom feeder there at the dock.

Forgot to mention our seagull encounter. :no: He was gliding overtop our spread and decided the stickbait looked too good to resist and zoom, down he dives into the water. Sure enough he snatches up the stick bait and as soon as he gets high enough the weight of the board drives the hook right in him! So here we have a crazy looking bird flapping around with our board going up in the air and the drag pulling out a bit. Then all of the sudden the line snaps! Yep, you guessed it the bird is flying off with a stickbait attached to his beak! :@

He got the $9 lure but at least we got the board back. :P