boat floor

Feelin Reel

Going to replace my plywood floor in my Thompson with a material called seaboard,it's a hard plastic comes in all different thicknesses and colors real nice looking stuff has anybody used this before or actually replaced a floor before?

Jim

is it Seaboard or Starboard? Not familiar with Seaboard, but Starboard is great stuff, expensive, but great stuff. They have a line called Starboard AS which stands for Anti Slip, which has a diamond textured finish that would be great for a floor application.

I replaced the floor in my Thompson back in 2002, that turned into replacing the floor, stringers, motor bunks and transom (lots of rotten wood) are you sure the floor is all you need to replace?

Tim

jimbouy, I installed starboard antiskid for the floor in my boat 4 yrs ago. It has held up great to this point. I did add some extra structural support because it will sag. Here is a pic of mine.

floor.jpg

Im with jims common sence thinking here.. ive got a couple soft spots from musky steppin up into the drivers seat....and was actually thinking of puttin down some cedar tounge and groove planks should be same weight I know it wont last forever and could be slippery when slimed but i like tinkering with wood and it could give that warm cozy feeling for the boys in a derby..