Mini Vaca - Fishing trip - Mexico Bay to St. Lawrence

We will be fishing our way north to the St. Lawrence and staying at a friends cabin in Clayton.

Curious if anyone had some guidance to offer up about making this trip

this trip will be late June into July +/-

Just curious how traveling up the St. Lawrence was and if you typically travel the shipping lanes?

Also, looking for a contact or two on the way up and back incase of any issues

or to trade fishing info

Greatly Appreciate any help as this will be our first "big/long trip" outside of long fishing days on the water.

Hi Chris,

Good Times! I have done that trip, ending in Henderson Harbor. My fishing knowledge is somewhat limited until you get closer the Clayton, but I spent 8 solid years motoring around the Thousand Islands and I know the whole route pretty well. Remind me when I see ya at the Pro Am's and we'll talk.

Great Pike fishing around all the islands and back bays. Since it sounds like you are going to be traveling daily, just put out a spread of large stickbaits or pike spoons and troll the deep weed edges near the multitude of islands. At night, the bass move up from deeper water in shallow and can be caught with minnows or shiners. Muskies where the pike are, plus you can troll the deep current areas with downriggers for the big boys. Walleyes in a few select deep drifts with current. Great fishing........enjoy the trip.

Thanks guys,

i appreciate the responces

i grew up pike and bass fishing so that should be easy never thought about walleye fishing

i wouldn't mind hooking a nice muskie on the way!

Unfortunatley i will not be attending the western pro am's this year

Just built a house late last fall and need to tidy things up first then

back at them for the eastern ones