New guy/group - Credit River Anglers

Name: Credit River Anlgers (John Kendell - President)

Home Port: Port Credit

Boat Name/Type: Sabala (tarpon in Spanish), Sylvan 16'

I fish for: Anything chrome (Tarpon and bone fish fit into this scenario)!

==================

I look forward to sharing info and news with many of you. I do recognize quite a few names from other boards too.

I run a very large conservation groung called the Credit River Anglers Association (CRAA) based in Mississauga. We work directly on the Credit River and have projects on many other rivers (past and present) including Bronte Creek, 16 Mile Creek, Humber River, Rouge River, Duffins Creek, Bowmanville Creek and the Ganaraska River). But the Credit is our primary work load!

Check out our site and lots of sub pages for more info.

www.craa.on.ca

Stream rehabilitation, fish passage, fish ladders, transfers, hatchery work and tree planting our the groups top priorities, along with lower harvest limits to support a better long term fishery.

On a personal note, I have been rigging Lake Ontario off Port Credit since 1985 and seen the good and not so good years. I have also been fishing most Lake Ontario tribs on both sides of the bored since the late 80's.

Tight lines!

John Kendell

Hi John, Welcome to LOU, great to see all the hard work you have organized going on north of the dotted line. Thanks for giving us the updates as many of us are unaware what goes on with MNR and Canadian sportsman groups. Keep up the good work.