Best knot for connecting Power pro to Mono

I plan on trying out 2 of my new set ups this weekend. I have two new reels spooled with 300 yds of power pro and want to put between 50 & 75 yds of mono so I can run the of mu OSP boards. What knot do you recommend? Also I heard there might be issues with keeping the clips clamped onto the Power pro because of the smaller diameter. If that is the case what do you do to prevent if from coming off? I appreciate the feed back.

I will second the Albright knot, but mention that using a small 30 lb test in line barrel swivel that can fit through the guides and onto the reel can help to prevent line twist, particularly if the lure fouls something, like another line or debris.

Gator

i created a new way to connect the two and it seems to work great and is easy. first, i create a clinch knot with 1 of the lines but dont cinch down, leaving a loop. then i connect the second line to the loop created with another clinch knot, cinching both knots down on eachother. they seem to tightnen on eachother, creating a strong connection. i leave a little tag end and put a dab of super glue on the Knot, and rolling it in my fingers when its partially dry to push down the tag ends and create a smaller, stronger knot that goes through guides easily. I dont know how this compares with the others, but it has been working great for me without having any problems

the glue is what is helping you with that knot but without it i would not tie that one, learn the albright like the other guys said, or to even improve the strength tie a bimini twist then tie the albright to your double line and butt them together, eliminating any of the double line, its what we use for bluefin tuna when they get finicky and i've never seen it fail!

• 4 weeks later...