Docks are in at Port Bay

Finally, the docks are in at Port Bay for the public launches at the north and south ends of the bay.

The north end has good, deep water at the launch. The south launch is another story (see pic.). This time of year, the water should be up to that ledge!

Jim

eSv5r.jpg

oh and if you back your trailer too far in at the south end, you fall of the end of the concrete and bye bye axle. almost a 30 inch drop that is straight down, Hank warned me so i checked it .

The north end launch? Are we talking about Lighthouses launch or is there another that I have missed for the last few years. I recognize the shallow launch and it is much lower than last year. I don't think I will try that one at all.

OK guys, I launched at the south end of Port bay last week , Hank warned me about the drop off but I went over it anyway. The boat came off nicely and with out the boat on it the trailer pulled out with no problem.It also loaded with no problem.I use a bunk trailer and drive on.If you have a nigh trailer go to the north end, mines been lowered ,I don't need a lot of water.Good luck.