Hot Lure: pink spoons & pink stickbaits and skly blue stickbaits

Trolling Speed: 2.0 - 2.4

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 8-18

Lure Depth: 4-12

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Great day to be out in the water especially with my day off from work.

Four rods - 2 on riggers and 2 off boards.

Started right out of Ibay - trolling eastward in 12 FOW. First fish took cindy bomber. Nice coho. Birds were dive bombing everywhere in front of Ibay.

9LOe0.jpg

Headed east toward Webster park away from the pack. Turned around and began trolling west. Another hit. the line stayed down as it looks familiar. Picked up fat laker over 18 FOW with ball down 12 FOW and 40 back. Took same pink spoon.

jkfor.jpg

Passed Oklahoma beach, 8 FOW, landed this sizable brown brute 10-12# after a good 15 minutes fight.

CEzii.jpg

Landed another brown!

jkQOA.jpg

One of the sea gulls took the stick bait and could not take off. Had to cut the line and say good bye to the stickbait. This would have made it unoffical count of 6 out of 7.

tight lines and good luck to those competing this weekend.

I used to leave them in the water with a bucket over there head calms them down and you can unwrap them also remember there 1/20th your size once i remembered this just grab them and hold them between arm and body while unwrapping the more immoble you hold them the less damage is done.

I wanted to add more details about the sea gull. I have tried to reel it back to the boat however the bird was being towed underwater. I had no choice but to cut the line. I would never leave a bird dangled with hooks.

Pike Hunter, I think I saw your gulls west of I bay this morning,too of them were tangled together in line and a yellow looking stick bait, one was dead. misted them the first, ended up with board lines tangled together,saved my boards and lost track of birds. You should have landed it.You could have given it mouth to mouth. :devil::rofl:

WWIV sorry about how this has tangled your board lines.

Lesson learned here. Note to myself about what to do with bird:

reel in your bird no matter what,

have big blanket on board ready to cover up the bird,

take cpr lesson,

carry noisemaker to ward off birds from your shiny stickbaits.

Was in a blue fish blitz off of Stratford CT one time and we had 3 trolling rods, 2 surface plugs and a seagull all going at one time. Those birds fight like hell and seem very large when you bring them in. I was screaming for help and my crewmates wouldn't budge til they had their fish in. Had to throw a coat over him and take hook out. Ever since then, when I see a bird checking out a plug I pray he finds it unattractive.

Nice fish Anthony.