Northern Pike /Tiger Muskie Opener=WHERE?

Headed to Sodus this year. Have never fished it. Usually hit the north end of Cayuga Lake every year as we live in Rochester and other half of family lives in Binghamton so it is nice and in the middle to meet. We have amazing luck picking up about 10 pike a person with the avg being about 20 to 25 inches and there are usually one or two caught over 30. Been quite a few below 20 the last few years so may as well try something different. Where is good on Sodus for Pike? Looks like the whole thing is ideal for pike..

Where is good on Sodus for Pike? Looks like the whole thing is ideal for pike..

I like the area west of thortons point and around leroy island. Ralttle and swim baits worked well for us last year in the 10-15ft range. Good luck maybe we will see you there. Im in an old blue boat with full windshield.

Thanks for the tip. I am looking forward to it as I can't believe I have never fished there with it being so close and really seems like you would do well there. We will be in a white and green Hurricane Deck Boat......

Hey Lee, you ever have luck with Pike in Irondequoit Bay? Last year I tried to make a point to get there as much as possible to fish it since I never really fished there either. We would head south out of the boat launch and immediately head right or west to the shore line and fish all the way up to the Bay Bridge. We never caught any pike but we did catch bass. Is the north east corner where it is super shallow and weedy good for pike or have you never really caught any in there......We also fished just south and east of the bridge which I think is called Devil's Hole but we had zero luck there.

northwest corner below seabreeze out to the buoy,6-9'should do ya good.Mepps littlewolf in firetiger and bomber long a in the same.jerk,jerk pause-crank!!!Southend west side...southside of grassy point on the inside edge-spinnerbaits-firetiger or white(i use M/G in ft pattern,same blades).Don`t forget the hump.Theres plenty of spots..these are just a few of mine.Good luck-i`ll be on conesus

Bob S

bob- if those turkeys work out like i think they should, i will be down there fishing tigers by mid-morning. will call if i head out. last four turkey seasons i have left the woods on opening day with a turkey by 8am. hope this year my luck doesn't run out. looking for that early season slam. turkeys and tigers.

Hey Lee, you ever have luck with Pike in Irondequoit Bay?

I bay sucks... my Pb is 34" in 3yrs of fishing there :no:

I may have to op for Conesus as well, will have to see what the winds are come saturday!

Good luck on the hunt Zach!