Canandaigua 04/25 South End - PIC ADDED

Got out with FLXTroutman from the South End. Trolled North along the West shore, 2 planers, 2 D/R out kinda shallow. Cold and wet, we finally got a hit on the Port Planer. Bright orange stickbait running high in the water. FLX reeled in a nice, fat female SMB. Just over 4 #, quick pic, then back she went. Hardly marked anything, never saw another soul. Headed in around 10:00 due to boat issues.

000_3666.jpg

Just a quick note: the water was cold, only 46 or so on top. The J 9 Rapala GFR of the inline board took the smallie, I do like to run the GFR out there, the riggers were shallow and silent. We did not mark much at all. The boat issue was she would stop just at trolling speed, after the second time I did not want to take any chances, so we pulled the lines and got her fired back up and ran back to the marina.

Yep - I'm the Proline at the end slip - found out yesterday I need to move to the A dock - I think - closest one North - I'll keep you tied in. I'm new to Canandaigua - I've been on Seneca for a few years. I'm hoping the same tactics work on this lake.

Yea you should find the same tactics work well in Canandaigua, I know cndga troller fishes Seneca, Keuka, and Canandaigua and he is successful on each of the lakes. Maybe we'll see you down there this weekend.

huntin' trout, pretty much the same tactics work on this lake as Seneca. this lake is hot and cold for me though, but when there on there on, and they are some of the best looking trout in the finger lakes! if i was to go to Canandaigua lake this weekend I would fish in the 90 - 120 fow with my boards toward shore with j9's or small spoons and the riggers in the bottom third of the water column. a couple of weeks ago there was a lot of bait around the white area. in a couple of weeks you'll be able to run in the 50-60 fow with the boards on shore and you'll have days when you just slam em! I like the north end starting from the end of this month right through the summer.

Thanks cdgn troller - I'm heading out this afternoon - I'll post an update tonight while I'm watching the race. I have all of the tools you referred to with the exception of boards. I'll have to hook up with some of you guys who can teach me how to use the boards. I am used to huge boards on the Chesapeake Bay for stripers but they are much different than the ones used in the lakes.