St. Catharines King Of The Lake 04/23 04/24

We Just got back from are first time fishing the St Catharines Scotty KOL, We got started on Friday morning just East of the marina, we trolled threw some massive bait pods to start out and had to clean 10 inch sawbellys of all the lines. We put the rigs out and moved out to about 40FOW and the size 0 dipsey with a green gator spoon took off towards the West. After a nice battle with a fat spring king we had a 22lb fish in the boat. I just start to get the dipsey back out and both riggers fire. We get both fish in the boat one 21lbs and the other 17lbs. Now I am thinking we have a dam good chance this weekend. We finished the day out with two more kings and some big Lakers. I was wishing it was Saturday we would have had over a 90lb box. The weigh in for big fish Friday was at 3pm we were in third place at 22.08 then the last cooler to weigh in bumped us to 4th by less than an oz. Saturday we hit the same spot and after one hard day of fishing with only an hour left we had only three small kings in the boat. We changed spots I put a copper NK NBK on a ten color rig and let it out on the church board. About ten minutes later the board goes under water with about 200 ft of backing and the fish brakes off. We ended the day with three fish that weighed combined just over 22lbs ;( , as big as just one of our fish the day before. Two boxes over 90 were weighed in on Saturday, but most had one to three fish. It looks like we will see some huge kings this year one team had a fish that was 27lbs :o , that’s a big spring king. Sunday they delayed the start do to wind so we loaded up the boat and headed home so I could spend some time with the kids. The flasher fly bite did not happen Friday or Saturday. All the kings came on spoons, and jointed rapalas, and other cranks in 40 to 50 FOW. We had good time learned some about the lake at the West end, like where I should have been fishing :D . Congratulations to the teams that got it done this weekend :yes::clap: . And we will see you in Wilson.

P4220027.jpg

P4230066.jpg

Thanks for the report, man i was out on the bar and so where alot of people and no one has siad or was saying anything kinda like a secorte soicity :D, anyways your report is really good and informational cause that report of the size of the kings like that 27lb gives us a rule of thumb on what is needed for the spring LOC and the fall LOC and it looks like its going to take about a 30lb for the spring and i would say around a 40 for the fall, nice to see size like that.