spent the mornin on cross lake today jigged and casted lookin for some eyes. no luck.did lose 2 thunderstixs to 2 big fish though,couldve been muskie but probably carp.never saw either fish.did make the mornin interestin though.

Johnny

I caught a 44 inch 20+ lb tiger musky there a few years ago trolling a deep diving fire tiger thunder stick for pike, man was that a big surprise. My buddy has a camp there we never had a lot of luck on the eyes but the large mouths and n pike where always fun. We have caught and lost some monster carp while floating dough balls of the dock at his camp, there are some line breakers in there for sure.

Good Luck on the eyes

Gene

I've never fished that lake. It's on my short list though. I almost made it out there for my spring break but the weather was so bad that whole week that I decided to I can it. I think for any of the smaller bodies of water that I'm not familiar with I'd probably do something along the lines spending some time before sunset scoping out some potential areas and getting familiar with the shoreline and any obstacles or hazards as well as structure and then hit it hard after dark, pitching big stickbaits or the larger #9 shallow diving Shad Raps along the shoreline. I also might long line troll between about 5 and 15 fow, covering water. Sometimes if I'm in a low snag area I'll use a crankbait and just pull it hard across the bottom, banging rocks, making noise and vibration.

• 1 month later...

Gene

Have you ever targeted those Norlunge on Cross Lake? Or know of

anyone that does. I'm interested in lure choices , time of year ,

that sort of thing. I've only stumbled across one so far fishing for

northerns in the spring. Either they are not easy to entice or nobody's

talking. Any help would be appreciated.