King Marine AP2000 manual wanted

bigsprings

Howdy, The Sea Nymph fish & ski I'm just completing came with a King marine ap 2000 unit when I purchased it. After a total gut job on the boat, I reinstalled the autopilot. The unit powers up but I dont know how or what it will actually perform. I expect straight line travel and counter steer to manitain course.... Is this correct? Does anyone have a manual I can copy and return, or at minimum a dissertation in setup and use? Thanks in advance, Jason

I think thats the same unit I used to have about 10 years ago. I don't remember the model number but that sounds like it. All I had to do was hold a steady course and then engage the unit with the black lever on the side. It then held that course. It didn't have any connections for a GPS or anything. It did work well though. Keep an eye on the set screw that connects the unit to the steering shaft. Mine loosened up and I couldn't steer the boat. I think that company went out of business but I had a phone number for a place in Florida that still had parts for them. Maybe they would have a manual if they are still open. The number was 727-530-3411. Here's the address I had written down:

King

5601 70th Ave. North

Penellas Park, FL 33781

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the reply's. I will try the unit on its maiden voyage and see if it will maintain course after I power it up and throw the lever to engage. I dont know if there are any adjustments that can or will need to be made. It was re mounted in ste exact way it came off, with the only difference being it went to a fuse block rather than in line fuse. If I have any problems I will pm you lakebound for your manual, and of course prompt return. Thanks in advance, Jason

youre welcome. another thing that the manual states is, gently lock the lever in place without slapping it. also, play with your steering trim and it handles better if your boats trim tabs are in the level position too.