18ft-20ft boat and trailer

pmjasper

I'm looking to see if someone has a older model 18ft-20ft runabout, cuddy cabin or open style boat and trailer for sale for under $2000. Now the boat I'm looking for is a Great Lakes style boat with fairly deep sides. The boat I'm looking for will support an outboard motor, not an I/O. I realize for the price that I'm looking for a project boat but as long as the transom is solid and the boat does not leak, I can customize the interior if need be.

Basically, I need a slightly larger boat with deeper sides that will be suitable for bigger lakes and Lake Ontario. My girlfriend's father's 16ft Starcraft has lower sides and is just a bit to small to contend with what these larger lakes have to offer. Please contact me if you have something similar to what I'm looking for. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking guys. I've been checking E-bay and Craigslist but haven't seen anything just right yet. I'm in NJ and wiling to travel for the right boat and trailer but of coarse the distance is somewhat limited. I figured there has to be some boats around Lake Ontario that fit what I'm looking for. If anyone has one or knows of someone who does, please contact me at [email protected]. Looked very seriously at purchasing an old 21ft Starcraft Islander in Ohio but the boat was an I/O which scared me a bit. Boat sold for $1500. That's basically what I'm looking for, a deep cuddy, dual console or open boat. Thank guys.

I had an 18ft Starcraft all lined up and even sent the guy a deposit to hold until the weekend, when I could get down and take a look, but he ended up selling the boat anyway. Which means I'm still looking. I prefer an 18-20 dual console boat, preferably aluminum that is or has an outboard, not an I/O. I would also check out open boats or CC's of similar dimensions. I have a smaller tow vehicle so a real heavy boat is out. The big thing is, I need something that has fairly high sides, a good amount of workable space and would be appropriate for the places such as Raritan Bay or Lake Ontario. Anyone who has something like this can e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks a lot guys.

Thanks BlueEye. It is a definite possibility but if I had my choice I prefer aluminum over fiberglass. I have a smaller tow vehicle and with aluminum being lighter than fiberglass, that would be my first choice. The Starcraft 18 fter I was looking at would have been perfect but like I said, even with the deposit, things just didn't work out in my favor. Thanks again.

[email protected]