DURAND OR EASTMAN LAKE.....

fatty

Fatty,

I used to fish these ponds all the time in the mid to late 1980s and they were full of bass then. The problem was, but july they became so weeded up you couldn't get a canoe through them! I had a lot of fun on them tho!

Once the thick salad starts to surround the edges (and a lot of the top), it makes fishing from shore very tough. Frogging on top can be done successfully and they will scare the living crap out of you when they come up when you're not expecting it. Why do they always seem to strike when you stop reeling for a moment to scratch yourself anyway?! That will always be a mystery to me. Anyway, let them take the frog down...don't jerk like your reflex will tell you to or you will find a frog in your eyeball or tangled up in a tree! Recommend a canoe. Deeper water, you can use different bait/lures and you can frog away from the salad into open water. Poppers work great too.

been doing great there in the evenings bout 6-6;30 for crappie and lrgmouth. crappie were on the small side but they were there. was using a small black maribou jig(no float) with a tiny spinner on it. an for the bass they were all about 2-4 pnds an cught them all on a solid black buzzbait. fishing is very slow there but once they turn on ull have a blast

• 1 month later...