Fishing out of Mexico this weekend was a little tougher than last week. The nort east winds changed conditions . We did however pick some nice browns close to our port on Sat. where the surface temp. was holding 53deg. Our best set was R&R chart. shad & orange shad spoons running 1/2 oz keels ahead . 2.4-2.8 sog. Sunday due to the nw winds we worked north, from the Salmon river to Sandy pond & managed to pull 7 nice browns (6-10lbs) with a mess of small stockers. Purple seemed to be the color for Sun.

Capt. Randy / Hit or Miss Charters

Thanks for the report Capt. Randy. I hope to get on the water this weekend. If I may ask, what fow are you finding the browns to be at early am? Are they still close to the shoreline?

we pick them up sat am in 15-18 fow 6 foot down off the riigers and 100 feet back on the planners. we ran them way back off the riggers. water was 50-53 deg in there sat then as you worked out to 30 + fow it dropped fast. this was in front of selkirk to the big salmon river. good luck

The fish were in tight this weekend first thing(8-15ft). Smithwicks were doing a couple off the boards(greens) but the spoons were our best sets. I'm sure that either area Oswego or near Selkirk are going to hold fish if the conditions are right . Without rain Find the warmest water to work. Try to work areas that the boat traffic has not !

Capt. Randy / Hit or Miss charters